PDA

View Full Version : Help Please-Recliner OR rocker?

keschy
03-21-2006, 01:04 PM
I want to get a nice chair for sitting with the baby and nursing, reading etc. I was going to get a rocker/recliner but I found out my sister is giving me her old glider. I might get a loveseat recliner so DH can sit with us too! Do babies really like to rock that much?Do you think a stationary recliner would be useful or does it have to be a rocking recliner? Thanks!

s7714
03-21-2006, 05:25 PM
Most babies do find the rocking soothing, but some don't find as soothing as others. My oldest loved to be rocked (and still does if sick). My youngest doesn't have much interest in being rocked for some reason--maybe she got sick of rocking in utero when I was rocking her older sister? ;)

Honestly, if I were you I'd probably start out using the glider and then decide if you want to get the recliner. That way you'll know if your baby is one that likes to be rocked or not. (And it'll give you more time to find the "perfect" recliner if you still want one.)

Jennifer
Mommy to
DD 3/03
DD 6/05

Calling fellow BBB SoCal moms...we'd love to meet you!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybargainssocal/

Katigre
03-24-2006, 10:27 AM
I'd start with the glider and not buy the recliner unless you find you need it. Better to start with 'less is more' and only add on if necessary, yk?

tarabenet
03-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Sorry not to have responded sooner! Actually, if you do a "search" (check the little icons across the page, near the top) you'll find that this topic has come up several times, and I think you'll find a lot of opinions on both sides that may help you with this decision. Good luck!