PDA

View Full Version : Mini vs. Original Arms Reach Co-Sleeper

Chaunacey
03-24-2006, 03:34 PM
I have already received the Original Co-Sleeper and now am having second thoughts about it and may return it for the mini. The original holds up to 30lbs. The mini only holds up to 24lbs.

Has anybody had the mini? How long was your baby able to sleep in it? Ideally, I would like to move him/her into the crib at 6 months, but I don't know if this will be realistic.

I initially ordered the original because it could be used as a play yard. But it sure isn't very cute..haha... and I registered for a Baby Einstein playard anyway, so I don't think we will need it for that function.

I love the fact that the mini has wheels and I can push the little one from room to room with me.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

nfowife
03-24-2006, 05:45 PM
I have the mini. My DD slept in it full time for about 4 1/2 months no problem. The weight wasn't an issue at all (she is only about 18 lbs. at 11 months), but height wise I don't think she would have made it 6 months. But she had no problem going to her crib at 4 1/2 months at all. At 4 months I moved the cosleeper so it was still in my room, but not attached to my bed (I put the side up so it was a bassinett), so she started being used to me not being "right there" when she was sleeping. I love the mini and am so glad I got it! I will definitely use it the same way for baby #2. I used the wheels on it all the time, it was a nice feature.

Katigre
03-24-2006, 06:46 PM
We have the mini. We have a small bedroom and small house, so i can't imagine having the regular size cosleeper--the mini takes up so much room as it is!

I figure that by the time the baby grows out of the mini we'll either have transitioned into cosleeping in bed together, or will have transitioned into using the crib. I am happy with the mini so far.

abelenkpe
03-29-2006, 05:43 PM
We had the mini. I loved it! We live in a duplex built in 1927 and the doors and hallways are very narrow. The mini fit everywhere. We took it from room to room for our son's daytime naps and pulled it up next to the bed at nite. He slept in it until he was 6 months. (He is now 20 months old and only 23 pounds, so your little one probably won't outgrow the mini before six months.) Then we transitioned him to the crib. Over the course of two weeks we would move the mini farther and farther away from our bed and during the last four days had it next to the crib. Then we just put him in the crib and he slept through the nite just fine. Unless he was learning something new. When he was getting the hang of rolling and sitting and finally standing he would wake himself up in the middle of the nite frustrated trying to do those things. But otherwise he is a good sleeper...

I would definitely recommend the mini. Good luck!

anamika
04-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Hi,
We had the mini too. DD slept in it for about 3 months. Like the PP I don't think the weight will be an issue - more the size. DD would fling her arms and legs about and hit the sides by 3 months and my DD is tiny. We also got a playard (with changing station) for downstairs which was much more convenient.

HTH,