PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a moses basket for the first few weeks?

mama4jc
04-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Is it worth it? What would be a good one to get? What do you do with it after the baby 'graduates' from it? TIA! :)

anamika
04-06-2006, 09:24 AM
We got one as a gift and loved it - I would never have thought to buy one. It was so easy to move a sleeping baby with us from room to room.
She only slept in it for a few weeks. Now my DD uses it as a crib for her dolls and puts them in it for naps. Well, she actually just throws them in and says Baby is sleeping!

Bean606
04-06-2006, 10:29 AM
I had the same question! And a lot of the ones I've seen say "Do not move with baby inside." Are there any that are made specifically to transport the baby? I think they are really cute, and would love to have one, but is it at all practical?

s7714
04-06-2006, 11:45 AM
I loved having one the first month or so with my youngest DD. Made it so much easier to transport her with me upstairs and down, depending on where I needed to be with my toddler. I really loved setting her in it when I was taking a shower, because the water noise would always put her to sleep and then I could set the whole basket in the crib (we have cats, so I like to keep sleeping babes off the floor for safety reasons).

I bought one of the cheaper ones Target has available online, and it seemed to be just as good of quality as the spendy ones I'd looked at in stores. (They used to be $29, but it looks like they've upped the price a little.) Of course they say you're not supposed to carry babies around in them, but I did anyway. I just picked up the straps in one hand and then supported the whole thing with my other arm underneath the basket.

Right now our basket is functioning as a toy holder. If I don't pass it on to a family member, I'm sure one of my DDs will use it for a doll bed before long.

ETA link to Target baskets: http://tinyurl.com/eulvc

Jennifer
Mommy to
DD 3/03
DD 6/05

Calling fellow BBB SoCal moms...we'd love to meet you!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybargainssocal/

jacksmomtobe
04-07-2006, 10:17 PM
We used ours for a while as a spot to put ds down while we were downstairs so I never moved the baby in it. It was great to have another secure spot to put him down. He spent many an evening in it. I kept it elevated since we have a dog so once he got close to rolling I didn't use it any further. Afterwards we used it as a basket for toys in his room up until recently since we are expecting #2. I definitely found it useful.

Good Luck!

mama4jc
04-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the replies, everyone! I've decided to go with the Wendy Bellissimo Starlight one on Amazon.com. :)

Lovingliv
04-09-2006, 02:51 PM
I received one as a gift, and I loved it! Liv slept in it for her first four months! It brings back such great memories!

I now have it in a spare room....just waiting for another little one to use it.