PDA

View Full Version : Moses basket stand?

mariza
04-26-2006, 06:53 AM
Where can I find a stand that is secure and will be safe to let a baby sleep in. Is this even a good idea? DS is due in August and DD will be 19 months at that time. I really don't have the space for another crib and don't think DD will use hers much past 24 months. My plan was to put DS in a bassinett for a few months until it was time to move DD to a "big girl bed" but most bassinetts I see are almost the same price as a crib. Looking at a Moses basket as an alternative. I'm eyeing this one at Target.
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=cm_reviews_dp_seemore/602-9809717-6744622?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=&frombrowse=1&alt%5Fview=custReviews&asin=B0007ZHJA2#R27RHR73VORHIR
Advice/ tips?

pampamz
04-26-2006, 08:17 AM
We had a bassinett for DD. I didn't trust it too much around DS who was almost 3yo when she came along. I only used it in our room @ bedtime in the early days and seriously, RIGHT next to me if I was in the kitchen or living room with her in it. Mr. Curiousity could probably tip it if he tried to pull up and peer into it.
I didn't trust the moses baskets...not sure why (but they are REALLY cute!).
HTH
Pam