PDA

View Full Version : Info/feedback on Issi cribs/furniture

nlaird
05-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Has anyone purchased/used an Issi crib/dresser, specifically the Issi Ceriana Concord Maple? The BB book "review" indicates it is an inactive higher-end line by Bonavita but it is very actively sold at BRU. I'm curious how it rates in terms of safety, quality, durability, where it's manufactured. I can get some info from the Babi Italia site but prefer some objective feedback. Thanks! Nancy

mjsmommy05
08-11-2006, 01:10 PM
My husband and I purchased the Europa Baby Chatham Collection in April 2006. The only store we were able to find it at locally was (Baby Depot)Burlington Coat Factory. We have never been very fond of the store or the area, but we really liked the set so decided to go ahead and purchase it. The crib was in stock at the time of our purchase, so we were able to get it home right away.

It probably would have been easier if we had driven the 1-2 hours to visit a nicer baby furniture store and had the furniture delivered, but what's done is done. Baby depot does not offer any kind of delivery service, has no loading zone (at least at the one here), and has no return policy on special order items. The salesman helping my husband with the furniture was not very careful with our merchandise and luckily it is very well made, so our furniture survived the trip home and my husband and myself lugging it up to our second story nursery.

When my husband arrived at the store yesterday, after having to take a day off from work and having to rent a moving truck since the store doesn't offer any kind of delivery service, he was met by the same salesman who hadn't gotten our special order right the first time. order in the first place. He told my husband it was good that he hadn't arrived 30 minutes later or no one would have been thre to help him, at all. Great customer service, eh? There was no loading zone for the truck, so my husband had to park the moving truck on the street and try not to get hit or ticketed while loading the quite heavy furniture into the truck. After loading the furniture into the truck, the salesman started ripping off all the packing material to "inspect" the furniture. He told my husband we wouldn't be able to return anything to the store if anything was damaged since there is no return policy. On the way home, the dresser fell over with the drawers/drawer knobs landing on the floor of the truck. Luckily the packaging and craftsmanship was good enough that the front of the dresser wasn't ruined, but it shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. I am 11 weeks pregnant with our second child and luckily was strong enough to help my husband move the furniture myself, as we really had no one else here to help us.

Bottom line: We will never buy anything from that Baby Depot again and we are hesitant to go to their other stores, as well. The good news is that the furniture is very nice and sturdy and looks really nice in our daughter's room. We only wish the ties to anchor the hutch to the wall were a bit longer. We will be going to Lowe's to see if they have anything longer as it is very diffiuclt to attach the ties to the wall mounts.

lawgirl4
08-19-2006, 09:53 AM
hi!
we have the Issi Provence set - the crib, combo/changer, and the armoire, purchased from Babies R Us (who had, overall, AWFUL customer service. They knowingly sent us damaged pieces - without informing us in advance, even though they knew FOR WEEKS that the pieces were damaged - they were holding them at the store until we were ready for delivery... it worked out in the end, but they are just horrendous when it comes to service, IMO)... We love the set. It looks great, is very sturdy and durable.

I think the BB review for ISSI is woefully out of date. Have you looked at the www.babiitalia.com website? Issi is apparently part of their company now, and you could probably call them to get answers to your questions.