PDA

View Full Version : do any convertible cribs have drop down sides?

marina13
06-13-2006, 05:03 PM
i am currently researching what company to buy from and i can't find any information regarding whether convertible cribs have the drop down option available. help?

scarletsmommy
06-13-2006, 06:44 PM
I am having a brain fart. Does drop down mean that the whole front piece slides from a raised position to a lowered position? Or does it mean that the majority of the front piece remains stationary while the top portion can be lowered (usually by way of a huge piano hinge connecting the top section to the bottom section)? Okay, that may have been more confusing than I intended...

So here's what we have at our house and I am crossing my fingers that it actually answers what you asked.

Baby's Dream - Generation Next - front piece is stationary with a hinged top portion we lower to get DD in and out.

Angel Line - have no idea what model b/c we bought it second hand this weekend - entire front piece slides from a raised position to a lowered position. (BTW, the only words I can find on the whole crib are ANGEL LINE so I am just making an asumption that this is a brand name)

Both cribs are convertible to a toddler bed and a full size bed. HTH!

kusiakje
06-13-2006, 10:33 PM
We have the Pali Juliana. The back is really beautiful and becomes a headboard for a full-sized bed eventually. At least, that's what the store told us. =)

HTH,
Jessica
Mom to Katarina (DOB 9/16/05)

peaceil
06-14-2006, 08:21 PM
We have a Bonavita with a drop side that becomes a toddler bed later (but doesn't convert to a fullsized bed, which was fine with us).

kmunksgaard
06-21-2006, 09:15 PM
We ordered the Sorelle Mara, which has a drop-side in the front. The back can be used for a full-sized headboard -- I think without a conversion kit!