PDA

View Full Version : First Time Mom, buying Dutailier Crib/Furniture

greekkoukla418
06-15-2006, 06:10 AM
Has anyone purchased Dutailier Cribs and or Nursery Furniture from that line?
How would you rate it? I am so confused w/ all the brands out there. I don't know what to pick!!!! :o

Please HELP, as I am a first time Mom and have no clue. I can't find any reviews on this line, besides from Petite Cheris!!!!!

slr
06-15-2006, 10:30 AM
Do you have a children's furniture store in your area where you can talk to a salesperson about the various lines of furniture. In my experience, in general they were very informative as to the good/bad about various manufacturers, particulary if they don't work on commission. Have them tell you the quality/functionality differences between Dutailier and some other manufacturers. Sorry I don't have any experience with Dutailier other than my glider, which I love. I ended up purchasing Morigeau-Lepine. If you are interested in any other manufacturers, I would highly recommend them.

Decmom
06-19-2006, 09:36 AM
I just saw a Dutailier crib that I liked too and it seemed to be of good construction - made from maple wood, wooden slats underneath, no exposed hardware, really really sturdy. But I agree with you, I can't find much information on this crib except on experience with the gliders.

doodle
07-09-2006, 04:19 PM
I also am interested in a Dutailier crib (as well as other pieces) and have found little about them on the internet. Here is what I do know, which might be of some help to you. Dutailier is a Canadian company that historically made rockers/gliders. In 2003, they bought another company called EG. EG manufactures cribs and other childrens furniture, which are now sold under the Dutailier name. Please let me know if you find any other information.