PDA

View Full Version : USA Baby Prices

jenn07
12-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Wanted to get the word out about some thing's we've noticed about USA Baby.

I posted this when I talked about the fast shipping of my Munire furniture but wanted to get this part out in the open a little more so everyone is aware.

We just bought the Munire "Antigua" crib and combo dresser in mahogony from a local baby store in Dallas that's been in business for years. Besides the fact we were told 8-10 weeks delivery yet got it within 2 weeks, their prices and honesty were also much better than at USA Baby. Both had the actual crib in the store to view, but USA Baby marked the furniture as "On Sale". Their "sale price" was actually the other store's Full price. And the store we did buy from is actually on Munire's website as an authorized dealer so I know there wasn't anything funky going on there!

Ex. The crib was $599, yet USA baby claimed that $599 was their discount, down from over $700. The dresser (without hutch) was $759 where we got it, USA baby's discount price was $769 down from over "$900". We also got the nighstand which was $399 at both places, but again that price was USA Baby's "sale" price.

Don't let USA Baby fool you into thinking they are giving such a great discount. Bottom line...do your research and definately do price comparison's between stores. I'm sure in some cases USAB may be the better choice, and in others their prices are identical, but frankly their lack of price honesty makes me question their integrity.

crimscrem
12-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Does the store where you ended up getting the furniture ever have the Munire products go on sale? In other words, if the store where you got your furniture doesn't discount their price more, and USA Baby always runs "sales," then you're paying the same at both places most of the time.

The USA Baby near us always seems to be having a "sale" on their Munire furniture. Most of the time, they seem to be selling the dresser "on sale" for the $769 price you quoted. Then, a few times a year, they drop it an additional $20.

I think what USA Baby does is what a lot of stores do. They list the MSRP price as their regular price, but then often have sales or discounts.

We ended up going with USA Baby for Munire furniture because they are the only game in town where I live. No one else sells it.

jenn07
12-31-2006, 01:12 AM
Yes they do go on sale every now and then, but because ours was a brand new model - not even on Munire website yet, that wouldn't have happened for quite a while. We still ended up saving some money though compared to USA Baby's "sale" price!

USA Baby isn't a bad store, they just aren't quite honest about their pricing. Even all the internet stores selling Munire list their full price as USAB's "sale" price. Some are even cheaper, but we wanted to make sure the store we bought from was local.

We also go the furniture in 2 weeks, even though told 10. They are storing it in their warehouse for us since it was so early, and so we have time to paint the nursery and put in new carpet or hardwoods.

crimscrem
01-02-2007, 09:03 AM
I wish I had some pricing options like you did. I can't wait to have our furniture delivered. I just spent the weekend painting and adding a chair rail. we're excited seeing all of it come together.