PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good quality dresser

Valerie99
12-18-2006, 05:40 AM
The Baby Bargains book recommends Rumble Tuff, but they seem to have stopped making furniture. Their website doesn't even mention furniture anymore :( What other brand offers high quality at a good price? We're looking for a 6 drawer double dresser, good enough quality to last until college. Our local options are Sorelle, Baby's Dream, Munire, and AP Industries from what I've seen so far. Any of these comparable in price & quality to Rumble Tuff?

lynettesmall
12-18-2006, 09:15 AM
What about Simmons or Bassett? We have Basset furniture in our living room and it is wonderful. They make a kids line as well. Our daughter has Simmons furniture in her bedroom and it is sturdy and seems like it will definitely last through her childhood and teen years.

momof2inOhio
12-18-2006, 10:00 PM
My husband and I have had a lot of luck with unfinished furniture stores like Naked Furniture. If you're not handy enough to paint/stain the dresser yourself, most of those stores will finish it for a fee.

Good luck!

mommytoC
12-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Or possibly Stanley? We love our daughter's Stanley "nursery" furniture: a crib, 7-drawer dresser, and bookcase;
we also love that we'll be able to buy additional pieces as she grows...

Happy Shopping!

Ann

DD 11/05

wheezypig
12-19-2006, 07:46 PM
If you don't need the dresser to be an exact match for the crib, I'd skip "nursery" dressers all together! Just buy a dresser at a regular furniture store or naked Furniture like someone else suggested. If you need it to match, Stanley has nice options although their cribs are pricey. I think Munuire is good quality although I've heard the wait can be very long for them.

LBMommy
12-20-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm not sure what your price range is, but we got our DD's (non-"nursery") dresser from Room & Board. They only have a few B&M stores, but all their furniture is on-line, too.

Good luck,
Jen

DebbieJ
12-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Rumble Tuff is still in business.

http://www.rtfurnitureusa.com/

We have the six drawer dresser and love it.

Looks like things changed hands/got switched around and now there are two Rumble Tuffs and a new url and phone number. This was the response I got when I emailed Rumble Tuff at www.rumbletuff.com: "Rumble Tuff Mfg. and RT Mfg. are NOT the same company.
If you need Changing Pads and Covers please contact Rumble Tuff Mfg.
If you need furniture assistance please contact RT Mfg. at [email protected]
OR 877-826-6800
We appologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Valerie99
12-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Oh good! Thanks so much for posting this!