PDA

View Full Version : Update - Kudos to Baby Depot, Eynon, PA

cstack
12-30-2006, 04:49 PM
I purchased a Storkcraft Rochester crib from Baby Depot. It arrived way quicker than it was supposed to, and I wasn't ready, so I put it on layaway. When I picked it up and took it home, I found it was damaged. I called Baby Depot and explained the problem. It was late and the manager was gone, but they took my info. I called the next morning and the manager told me that she'd already ordered me a new one. I explained the type of damage and she told me she'd also order a replacement part and see which came in first. Two weeks later, she called me to tell me that the new crib was in. Unfortunately, this one is also damaged, so it's going back and I'm getting my money back; however, the service I got from Baby Depot was enough to highly praise them and keep me coming back.

ETA - I just took the crib back. Because I had the crib on Layaway, they "can't give me a cash refund" - even though they've received all of the money for the crib. To get a cash refund instead of store credit (I don't want another crib, as all of the cribs they have in my budget range are made by Storkcraft), they have to send it to corporate and they "might" send me a refund, but it will take 10-14 business days for them to process, so I'm without a crib and without money for a new one for probably a month.

Long story short, though the store manager was fabulous, the company still leaves something to be desired.