PDA

View Full Version : Denise & Alan: Do you still recommend the Munire brand?

duffsmom
01-16-2007, 04:56 PM
I have the latest edition of your book (it's pretty much my bible!!) and based on the review in the book, I started looking at Munire cribs and furniture. But, I'm nervous based on reviews on the review board that they have made changes to their product line. I was wondering whether you have changed your recommendation of them, or if the recommendation was made after they made the changes?

Thank you so much!!!

megs4413
01-16-2007, 06:40 PM
you might have better luck emailing them with this question. i think the email is [email protected]

HTH!

alandenisefields
01-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Yes, we still recommend the Munire brand---we will be noting their problems in the past year when we release our newest edition.

FYI: While we do read our message boards, we are often unable to respond (given time contraints, etc.). And with 800 new posts a day, we often don't to read everything in a timely way. So if you need to ask us a specific question, it is probalby best to email us directly!

Thansk for reading our book, BABY BARGAINS!
Alan & Denise
authors

elektra
01-18-2007, 12:02 PM
I had some of the same concerns about Munire after reading the message boards here. However, I did still get a Munire crib and dresser.
I think a lot of the people who posted bad reviews about Munire don't really know the difference between MDF, plywood and solid wood.
The fact is, if you were to get a dresser that is completely solid wood, it could cost up to thousands of dollars, not hundreds like the Munire prices. Munire does use plywood in the dressers and I think that's where people's bad reviews came in- they were expecting a solid wood dresser and got plywood instead, which IMO is still ok for the price.

duffsmom
01-18-2007, 12:14 PM
I also emailed Munire directly and got the following response from them 2 hours later!

Our Charleston collection is made in the USA of birch wood, except for the crib which is made in Italy of beech wood. There is one piece on the crib where the slats go into the wood that they use MDF. Everything else is 100% hardwood.

Anita
Munire Furniture Co.

ariveraz
03-30-2007, 06:53 PM
I posted a review. Their funriture is beautiful, but it is not all wood as a lot of people think. For example, the back of dressers is not made of wood. I think their main problem is delivery though. They moved some of their production to Indonesia and deliveries are much longer now. Buyers should be aware of this because the last Baby Bargains mentioned that their furniture was built in the US and that is no longer the case. Even though I waited ages for my funiture, I still love it. I just wish they (and USA Baby) had been more upfront about the long delivery times before I bought it.