PDA

View Full Version : Mini Co-Sleeper mattress and sheets?

StacyB
01-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Hi all, this is my first post here but I have gotten so much good information from you all!

We are due with our first DD in 3 weeks and will be using a pack and play downstairs and a mini co-sleeper next to the bed at night. We were able to find, at BRU, a very nice padded mattress for the pack n play, and I was hoping to find something similar for the co-sleeper. We bought the co-sleeper used and it is in great condition except it has been stored for a while and the mattress has what feels like a really uncomfortable seam right across the middle. Does anyone know if simmons or kolcraft or any of the others make a mattress that is 18x31 inches? All of my searches on the internet come up with oval moses basket pads, which would be nice, if I had an oval moses basket ;-)

Also, for the mini cosleeper, what are you all using as sheets? I have read that king size pillow cases work well, and that may be a great option for us. I have not looked into it yet as we don't have a king sized bed. Any thoughts or opinions? I think the sheet that comes with the co-sleeper isn't soft enough!

Thanks for your help,
Stacy
Mom to Anna Maria, EDD 2/21/2007

nfowife
01-31-2007, 12:12 PM
We have a mini co-sleeper. Not sure what you mean by the seams? The mattress has 4 sections, is one of the seams going to bother the baby in your mind?
For a sheet, we have the one that came with it and it's been fine. I use a sleep positioner in it because so far both my kids seem to prefer a slight incline when sleeping and it helps keep them swaddled, so only their feet really touch the sheet anyhow (and they are fully clothed, so it's not even really touching!). When I wash the sheet every few days or in the event of an accident, I use a pillowcase and fold it under or just tuck a blanket around it and that's been just fine.

StacyB
01-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Margaret,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, by "seam" i mean where the mattress folds. It does not quite lay flat in the middle (I am assuming from being stored for so long) and I am concerned about that being uncomfortable. But you are right, it probably is in my mind!

For sheets, I think I am going to try the pillow case or blanket method, no reason to go nuts trying to figure out a solution that is "meant" for the co-sleeper :)

Thanks!
Stacy

nfowife
02-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Just want to report that I found another good solution for nice and comfy mini co-sleeper sheets: changing pad covers! I have a PBK chamois knock-off cover I got from baby depot for $10. Fits perfectly and is so soft and nice!