PDA

View Full Version : Ragazzi twin beds-did any manuf take over?

AJs Mommy
03-19-2007, 08:20 AM
We purchased a Ragazzi twin sleigh bed in a rubbed black finish 2 years ago (before they closed down) and would like to purchase the same bed for my younger son. Did another manufacturer take over their product line or am I out of luck? Thank you.

chines
03-26-2007, 07:44 PM
try either rumble tuff or Romina

momof2inOhio
03-26-2007, 10:01 PM
I think I remember reading somewhere here on the boards about another company started by former Ragazzi people. Not as nice/high quality as Romina, but similar look. Capretti? I can't remember! Do a message board search for Ragazzi and see what comes back.

RJH
03-27-2007, 08:12 PM
I believe Storkcraft bought the trademark name Ragazzi, but as far as I know they aren't manufacturing under that name as of yet. And no guarantee that if they do it would be up to the quality that Ragazzi used to be. You might be able to find some leftover stock or floor models at stores, but that's about it.

There are 2 new furniture lines that reportedly are made by companies who used to manufacture for Ragazzi. One is Romina www.rominakidsfurniture.com the other is Capretti www.caprettihome.com. I've seen both in person and they seem to be very high quality. The salesperson told me that Romina is 100% wood...no veneers. Capretti does use some veneers.

Problem is that not many places carry them yet so they can be hard to find.

jakesmomee
03-28-2007, 08:01 AM
I had bought Ragazzi furniture when my first son was born so I was having the same problem finding something that I liked with comparable style and quality.
We decided to go with the Capretti furniture. The beds are made out of solid wood. We looked at the Romina lines too but we didn't like the quality of the furniture--especially the drawers! The drawers on the Capretti are solid wood, dove tailed and they have self closing drawer glides.
In my opinion alot of people are talking about Romina because the rumors are that they made Ragazzi ( which those of us that had Ragazzi were happy with ) and since the designs look similar I think that people are assuming that the quality is the same, and it's not. From what I have been told from several stores Romina didn't make Ragazzi furniture, but the people at Capretti did work for Ragazzi.
We are very happy with the Capretti that we bought. I think that if you were to see the furniture in person you would be able to see the difference ( even in the quality from Ragazzi to Romina--you can tell that it isn't made the same ).
I would just say that you should look at both sets of furniture in person. I hope this may have helped. Good luck!!

debba_debba
06-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Ragazzi did get bought out by Storkcraft I'm told. They are going to make the similar high quality as original Ragazzi, 2 stores told me that STorkcraft is a large company and they bought Ragazzi to concentrate in the quality end of the market, adding to their existing entry to middle lines of Storkcraft. One of the stores said he saw the furniture and it looks and feels like the original Ragazzi. I'm waiting for it to arrive at his store to order so I can see it for myself (since I already have Ragazzi from before and can compare). I was also told that the original Ragazzi designer is now designing with the new Ragazzi and that the designer wanted to go with the original, not the wanna-be's like Capretti and Romina. (I don't know if it's important that they have the original designer, although I love the design of my Ragazzi furniture!)

You should check with your stores and see if they will be coming out with the same bed, or at least something that is close. I'm told that I can add a bed and night stand to my room because the colors will be very similiar.

Good luck!

AddiesMom
06-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for mentioning Romina and Capretti, I will check them out. I have a Ragazzi set (Shaker country charms, neutral) and need a bed, nightstand and mirror. One other brand I am looking at that looks similar is Mother Hubbards Cupboard, was highly recommended in the BBB book.

Mark99
06-17-2007, 11:27 PM
As far as I know, Storkcraft is a very large company and they've been in the business for a long time manufacturing middle to low quality products but very cheap. I'm not sure if they're interested in keeping Ragazzi in the high-end sector or they'll try to use their name in the low-end market...
On the other hand it's interesting to see if Romina will bring new collections and if Capretti will improve their quality to match their prices...

kidsme
06-22-2007, 08:40 AM
It seems like there are so many choices out there and it's hard to tell what's good and what's not. I think I would rather have furniture made by someone who has been making furniture for a while instead of a new company that is just starting. But the looks of those two lines are nice. The store I work with has been in business a long time and they know the industry well. They even carried the stork craft before they started selling to Walmart. Which is why they said the Ragazzi will not be in big stores like that. They don't need that business. They need the small stores. I hope to see the Ragazzi soon. My local store is very excited about it and said it is really nice. I have friends who have Ragazzi and I want that same look, but maybe I won't have to pay as much as they did for the same quality! Lucky me.
Thanks for the info.