PDA

View Full Version : Trundle Bed Frames - Can you use existing headboard & footboard?

Jenny_A
07-21-2007, 10:54 PM
I have a beautiful wrought iron twin bed that was mine growing up that I would love to pass on to DD. I would like for her to have a place for friends when they sleep over though. Can I turn the existing twin bed into a trundle by buying a trundle frame? Will it work with my head and footboard or do I need a special head and footboard?

Also, if I don't get a trundle... what other options are there for when she has a friend over? Are there any fun blowup beds out there or any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jenny

wheezypig
07-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Most standard twin beds will accomadate a metal "pop up" trundle. That is just a metal frame on wheels that goes under the bed. When pulled up, it "pops" up. Just measure the lenght and height you have under your bed and take it to a store that sells childrens furniture. Most stores should have them. If you want a trundle that looks like a drawer with a wood front - those are made to go with beds from the same line of furniture. Trundles are nice but I know for me, when I was a kid, we always camped out in sleeping bags in the family room!