PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a new glider or save my money?

Happy 2B mommy
08-09-2007, 11:37 PM
I have been using a perfectly fine glider that I got from a gargage sale for $20.00. It's comfy, sturdy, silent and fits me well. The only things I don't like about it are cosmetic: the wood finish clashes with the other furniture in the nursery, the cushions don't go with my color scheme (although I do have them covered with a crib sheet that matches) and there are no decent arm rest pads.

Today I found a floor model Dutailer glider being clearanced out for $250 (reg 460). The wood finish matches my crib perfectly, the cushions are off-white which goes with my crib bedding and there are arm rest pads. It would be perfect in DD's room and really make the room look finished. I sat in the glider at the store and it felt just like my current glider. I truly am equally comfortable in both gliders.

So, my dilemma is: do a spend the money on this new glider just to have a matching nursery? While we can afford it, I am a SAHM and $250 could go toward other expenses or into savings towards DD's education. And if I do get it, should I have any reservations about getting a floor model?

DD is 9 months old and we are hoping to have a 2nd DC in the near future, if that makes any difference.

TIA