PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a crib you love (or at least like)?

shaunte
08-17-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm expecting my first baby and looking for a crib. I was planning on getting an Arm's Reach, but my bed is too high so my plan now is to get a crib and put it right next to my bed for a while, maybe even sidecar it. Luckily we have plenty of room for a full-size crib next to our bed.

I know I want a drop-side crib but the choices are so endless I'm having trouble deciding. Here are my main criteria:

-safe
-good quality (I hope to have another baby at some point who could use the crib)
-drop-side that is quiet and can be operated easily
-affordable; I don't need anything fancy or convertible

Does anyone have a crib like this that they really like? Thanks so much!

pickledtink
08-21-2007, 08:11 AM
We ended up with a Simplicity Deluxe from Target and we've been very happy with it for the past several months. :)

Happy 2B mommy
08-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Our crib criteria was similar to yours. In addition we also wanted hardwood (not pine) and JPMA certified. We got the Legacy (Childcraft) shaker style crib (model 29011 or 29021, I think). We paid $300.00 for it on sale at USA Baby.

We've had the crib for nearly a year, now. I love the style of the crib and so far the only stratch on it came from the cat who had jumped inside and completely freaked out when I chased her out. (This was pre-baby, right after we set it up, put on the mattress and clean bedding. Kitty thought it was a lovely, new bed just for her.) Very sturdy. PITA to put together. Fairly easy to lower the mattress. Drop side could be a little smoother, but I also use bumpers which impedes the drop side. Probably would work flawlessly w/o bumper in the way. Very quiet.

Also check out Babi Itali at BRU. I was impressed with some of their cribs, but it was a new line when we were crib shopping and there were no parent reviews at the time.

Hope this helps and congrats

JoyNChrist
08-22-2007, 01:04 AM
I agree with the Babi Italia reccomendation - we love our Babi Italia Pinehurst Single Crib, which was $299 at BRU last year.

C99
08-26-2007, 12:41 AM
I co-sleep directly in the bed with my babies and move them to cribs at 4-6 months old. I love my Sorelle Toscana, which I've had for almost 5 years, and my IKEA SNIGLAR, which we've had for almost 3 years. They are both safe and have been through multiple children (DS1 and DD have both used the Sorelle; DS1 and DS2 have both used the SNIGLAR). The Sorelle has a drop-side that is pretty quiet, although not the quietest on the market - to be honest, I used it with my son, but I just leave it down most of the time for DD, who is 38" tall at 28 months. Neither is convertible. The SNIGLAR was $89; the Sorelle was around $350. HTH

sms3
08-28-2007, 10:04 AM
I love my Bonavita Monroe crib. I have a Pali Donna crib for my first child that was somewhat expensive. I needed a second crib for my newborn, and after looking at Babies R Us and Baby Depot, I didn't find anything that I liked that was of a similar quality to the Pali crib (but I didn't want to spend the money for another expensive crib).

After researching the Bonavita cribs, I decided to order the Monroe crib online from albeebaby (http://albeebaby.com/bomocr.html). I couldn't be happier with it. I was able to get it for $220 (free shipping) and it had all of the qualities that I wanted. I couldn't find anything locally that was as nice for the price.

This crib has a drop side which is quiet (comparable to the one on my more expensive crib), is sturdy, and was very easy to put together. It also has a nice drawer on the bottom for storing blankets or sheets. It was delivered within a few days of the order and nothing was damaged in shipment.

It comes in a natural finish (which I purchased) or white.

I hope that helps!

shaunte
08-31-2007, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the link. I really like that crib, and it is cheaper than the $300 Baby Italia Pinehurst I've been considering at BRU. Does it need any extra parts to convert to a toddler bed?

sms3
08-31-2007, 12:14 PM
Yes, there is an optional guard rail to make it into a toddler bed. I found the information at http://www.bonavita-cribs.com/downloads/calloway.pdf, though I am not sure where you can buy it.