PDA

View Full Version : is it true? Colgate Classica I mattress no longer?

sassfie
08-30-2007, 09:09 PM
This is the mattress we want to get, and one store in our city carries it. they said on the phone though that this mattress has been "upgraded" due to some fire-retardant standards and the replacement for this mattress is a replacement. a replacement they are selling for $150!!!!!!!!! NOT what we had in mind... we were thinking around $100 or so.

anyone heard this? thanks!

firsttimemama
08-31-2007, 10:34 AM
I just bought this like a week ago in MD for $110. Are you in CA? I think I read something about different fire rules in CA...

Laura

bjessen
08-31-2007, 11:25 AM
They are different in CA. You can still get the mattress online even if you live in CA. Just can't get it in the CA stores to the best of my knowledge. We had the Classica I with kids #1 & 2, but gave it away a year or so ago with our crib. Now that we are having #3, we were gonna buy it again. However by time I buy it online and pay shipping, or buy it in the store, I could get the bottom of the line Moonglight Slumber 5" foam mattress which seems very similar, if not better (not vinyl, waterproof nylon). So, I think we are gonna go with that now.

sassfie
08-31-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm not in CA, I'm actually in OH. Hhmm...last night I emailed Colgate directly and haven't heard from them. I just wanted to make sure this store wasn't trying to pull something over on me. thanks for letting me know...I'll let you know what i hear back from Colgate too.

sassfie
08-31-2007, 12:05 PM
so instead of waiting on an email from Colgate, I called. it is NOT true...they are still making the Classica I foam mattress. I cannot believe that this store told me they were no longer. that absolutely infuriates me. I wanted to go there to look at changing tables too- I'll call this store and tell them this isn't the case and see what they say...they very well may lose my business. }(

jtstitzer
09-16-2007, 04:21 PM
The Colgate mattresses are hard to find in stores. I ordered mine through babycatalog.com for $99 free shipping and no tax.

http://nursery.babycatalog.com/baby-mattresses/classica-I-mattress-HC515232

Jerseymommy
09-22-2007, 06:22 PM
I just got mine delivered 2 days ago and it is great. It is light weight and very easy to put crib sheets on. I paid $110 in New Jersey.

ekbecker1
10-26-2007, 04:30 AM
Where are you in Ohio? I know of two places in the Cleveland area that carried this mattress. That was 2 years ago, but they still might have it. I seem to remember that I paid around $100. . .