PDA

View Full Version : Munire Cribs -- Knee Push release?

terrier412
09-22-2007, 06:39 AM
Does anyone know if Munire cribs have a knee-push side rail release?

I just got my Munire Charleston crib delivered -- I kind of bought it sight-unseen since my son was 8 weeks premature and in the NICU.

I'm very happy with the look and construction of the crib and dresser, but I can't figure out if there is a drop release. The Baby Bargains book says there is a knee release feature on Munire cribs (on the Crib Ratings two-page chart), but I see nothing... Does the Charleston crib not have this feature?

I was told by the store that the crib converts to both a toddler and full-size bed -- but I see from other posts that I would need to buy my own side rail for the toddler bed?

I'm nervous because despite his prematurity, my son is very tall. Although he's only 6 months now, I'm worried he's going to outgrow this crib quickly. I already have the mattress on the lowest setting.

Am I going to regret buying this crib?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice...

maylips
09-24-2007, 02:03 PM
We have a Munire that converts to a toddler bed and it does not have a knee push side rail release. We didn't figure that was a big deal to us because we're both tall and didn't think we needed to let the rail down to put the baby in the crib.

Our daughter is also 6 months and 28 1/4 inches tall (95th percentile) at her last doctor's appointment. Our mattress is still at the highest point -- how tall is your son? She's not pulling herself up yet, which is when I would expect we'd lower it a notch.

This is our first child so I can't say if other cribs are better since we don't have any experience with other cribs.

wheezypig
09-25-2007, 09:25 AM
"Knee Push" is kind of a misnomer, so if you're not familiar with cribs, it might be tricky to figure out. The "knee push" is actually done more with your calf. Stand at the crib, turned toward your side. Pull up on the rail with your hand and push the bottom of the rail in with your calf. If it is a knee push release, this will allow it to drop down. If the rail doesn't raise at all, you probably have a stationary side crib. As far as your son's length - all cribs are a standard size so you couldn't have bought a longer one anyway. Is your son pulling up all ready? You don't have to drop the mattress until he is able to pull up. Hope that helps!