PDA

View Full Version : is there a rail that can be added to an existing dresser?

knaidel
10-16-2007, 09:24 AM
We have a very un-exciting ANEBODA dresser from Ikea in DS's room. Currently, I change DS on a large chain in the room- there is enough room for me to sit and change him. However, with baby #2 on the way, that chair will be moved into another room to make space for a second crib. My plan is just to put a contoured changing pad on top of the ANEBODA dresser and change the baby there. The dresser is a bit taller than a traditional changing table, but it will work.

However- my DH is being a pain about this! He doesn't want to change a baby on something that doesn't have a rail or something like that-- he's afraid of the baby (or our toddler) falling off. I told him that anyway you should always keep your hand on the baby, but he says, "No, I want the rail there, just in case, blah, blah, blah......" Anyway, of course, I think I'm right, :) but I would love to give in to him, for the sake of marital harmony! :)

So, to make a long story short, is there some type of apparatus that can be added to a dresser top that can make it "safer" (ie- a rail that can be attached?) I remember someone once mentioned that she bought something from bellini off of ebay to attach to a regular dresser, but I have no idea what it is and couldn't find anything online.