PDA

View Full Version : Glider Ottomans

FuzzKit
11-01-2007, 10:07 AM
We are going to buy our nursery furniture this weekend. We really like a swivel glider upholstered chair from Best Chair Storytime series. The only draw back is the price. But after surveying many chairs this is the chair I want. It looks like a chair, not a rocker. It is small, I have a small room to deal with, only 10 x 12. It looks like a chair that I can use outside the nursery when that time comes.

My question is how important is the gliding ottoman? Since I'm already plunking down $400 on a chair, do I need to spend another $200 on a gliding ottoman? Would a stationery ottoman be just as good? (I've got one of those already.) How about a low footstool?

Both DH and I are short, 5'3" to 5'4", and it is a lower chair. We've both sat in it and our feet reach the ground fine, so I'm not worried that way.

Is this gliding ottoman a luxury, a luxury worth having or just plain not necessary?

If I change my mind about it after the baby is born, it takes 6 weeks from order to delivery, that is why I'm stressing now.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

SnuggleBuggles
11-01-2007, 10:39 AM
It's been nice to have, imo, but at $200 I wouldn't make it a priority.

Beth

lisaxiii
11-09-2007, 04:10 PM
No, you don't need it, but it was helpful to have somewhere to put my feet during nursing. Or if you're sitting in the chair for a long time -- say cuddling with a sick baby -- then it's nice to be able to put your feet up. And now that my daughter is 2, she likes to sit on it!

Lisa

C99
11-12-2007, 01:07 AM
My glider came with an ottoman and I can't figure out what the heck to do with it or how I'd use it. It's currently in storage, while my glider sees daily use.

wheezypig
11-21-2007, 03:38 PM
I use a nursing stool by Medela with my glider. Personally, I think nursing would be trickier with a gliding ottoman (probably makes no difference with bottle feeding) and it seems like a bit of a waste. Nursing stools are available at BRU for about $35 if I remember correctly.