PDA

View Full Version : POTTERY BARN BEDDING

E&E
09-19-2000, 11:11 AM
Hello. Does anyone have any feedback on Pottery Barn's bedding for kids? They have some really nice designs and they are 100% cotton. I think their prices are reasonable. I'm most conserned about the sheets - they were not covered in the GH Safety tests - any feedback? Thanks! :)

MLManning
11-06-2000, 12:24 AM
I just received my PB crib sheets. They look great. The fabric is very soft and the elastic goes all the way around the sheet. The only problem with PB is that their web site isn't functioning yet. You can use the site to check out current prices (my sheets were $10 less than in the catalog). Good luck!

donna
11-12-2000, 01:46 PM
I have PB sheets, bumper and quilt and they are all wonderful and very high quality. The sheet fits so snugly on the mattress you have to remove the mattress from the crib to get it off. As for the GH tests, I believe PB wasn't making crib sheets yet when they were done.

-Donna

jwright98
11-17-2000, 06:34 PM
I purchased the Seahorses set. I have had problems with the bumper. For one, it is very wide. It blocks the view into the crib totally. I don't know if everyone does this, but I have to untie each and every tie top and bottom to remove it just so I can change the sheet. Time consuming! But that is not the main problem. When tying it on the first time, two of the ties came off! I've been losing a tie or two every time I take it off. Isn't this a safety concern for the baby?!? Couldn't a baby choke if they pull a tie off? If so, should this be reported to someone? Anyway, their customer service is pretty good. They are doing a fedex pickup and sending out a new one. I wonder if it will be any better. That bumper cost $90!!

Other than that, it is ok. Just a little pricey. My husband was dead-set on some type of "fish" aquatic theme, and that one was the best one I thought (most were terribly ugly, anyone see that California Kids one? Yuck!).

ericagorman
12-20-2000, 02:33 PM
I bought the PB Kids Stars and Moons quilt and bumper. Got the quilt right away and had to wait several weeks for the matching bumper. When the bumper finally came the dye lot was different from the quilt. I called PB and they shipped me out a new one ASAP and didn't charge for pick up or delivery. Also got the matching area rug. Had to return that one 3 times before I got one that wasn't defective. Again, PB customer service department was excellent. They sent replacements right away and never charged me for pick up or delivery. However, if I hadn't started decorating way in advance I would have been very upset at the delay. Got "Star" sheets from Company Kids and they are great.

I also got a lot of other "Stars and Moons" stuff from PB and had great luck. To see a picture of our completed nursery check out:
http://www.ericaandjeff.com/images/aboutus/nursery/index.html

lmintzer
01-14-2001, 03:01 AM
Your nursery looks fantastic! I love the moon and stars theme. The crib is beautiful--what brand/model is it?

auntkath
02-23-2001, 01:43 AM
Welcome Max! Much happiness with your beautiful new son. I loved your beautiful nursery, bet Max will, too!

Kathy

cabote
02-28-2001, 06:37 PM
I can't seem to find crib sheets on the website. I orderd a bedding set and would love to get the sheets at a discount. Where on the website do I look? I entered infant/crib sheets under the search and only got kid/adult items.

lmintzer
02-28-2001, 07:26 PM
Pottery Barn Kids doesn't have their online store up and running yet, so the best thing to do is to call and order a catalogue (or stop into a Pottery Barn store--they should have the P.B. Kids catalogue).

There isn't much in the way of discounted items in the catalogue except for a few in the very last pages.

One way to get discounted Pottery Barn Kids items such as sheets or bumper pads is to buy on eBay. I just got the Moon & Stars bumper and crib quilt on eBay at about 30% off what I'd pay purchasing from the catalogue.

Hope this helps.
Lisa

lmintzer
02-28-2001, 07:33 PM
Forgot to mention this: what the other poster was recommending was that you actually get a catalogue and then log onto the P.B. Kids website (the site works--you just can't view the selection on items on it yet). Click on "Pottery Barn Quick Shop", and then enter the item number from the catalogue. This should give you the most updated price.

Leanne K.
03-19-2001, 12:07 AM
I got the "Sweet Floral" baby bedding on sale from the catalog, and it's very nice stuff except for the bumper. This is my 2nd baby. First time around I had Judi's "Old Tyme Teddies" for my son's room, and maybe I got spoiled, but it had a nice, fat bumper with thick, sturdy ties. The Pottery Barn bumper is very thin, with tiny, thin little ties that don't quite match up to the crib slats. My advice would be to get the sheets and everything else, but hit your local upscale retail store and get yourself a nice thick bumper!
(Whoops, she's crying, gotta run!!)