PDA

View Full Version : Bassinet sheet problem

courtney
10-19-2000, 09:04 PM
I am having a problem finding sheets to fit my Kolcraft bassinet. As anyone who has one of these knows, the "mattress" in it is really just a thinnish pad. Which is fine, but when I put the standard size bassinet sheets on it, they are way too small! I can get the sheet on, but it makes the pad bunch up and therefore become too small for the bassinet itself (not to mention look mighty uncomfortable for baby what with all those lumps...)

I read in Baby Bargains the suggestion to use king-sized pillowcases on a bassinet pad. I have done this and it really does fit much better. HOWEVER, I am a bit worried. You do have to tuck the edges and ends under the pad as the cases are slightly long for the mattress. Could this be a safety hazzard? With all the hoopla about having sheets that fit properly in order to minimize the risk of SIDS, I am going loopy. Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on this?

THANKS!

Courtney

alandenisefields
10-20-2000, 12:00 PM
Good point. You could always use a pin (clothes pin or safety pin) to make it fit better (pin any loose fabric under the bassinet mattress). Make sure your baby is put to sleep on their back or side.

Best wishes,
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

grace
12-14-2000, 09:40 PM
I have a Kolcraft bassinet and Target's house brand sheets seem to fit fine. I think the house brand is called Honors.