PDA

View Full Version : bedding

opbaby
10-25-2000, 10:18 AM
Just wondering if anyone had an opinion on Carters or Gerber bedding. I don't remember seeing a rating in the book. I'm also looking for something of good quality that's relatively affordable, and I don't really like the patterns at Eddie Bauer and Land's End. thanks in advance!

opbaby

alandenisefields
10-25-2000, 02:00 PM
Thanks for reading our book, BABY BARGAINS. We'll review and rate both Carter's and Gerber in our next editionl---Cater's will probably be a low B; Gerber a C. They just aren't the same quality as Lands End or Eddie Bauer. Another idea: try Cotton Tale. They have some cute patterns, affordable prices and good quality.

best wishes,
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS
Email: [email protected]. Web: www.windsorpeak.com. Phone: 303-442-8792
Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302

Wendi
02-02-2001, 02:46 PM
I was given some Gerber fitted sheets as a gift. After comparing them to the sheets I got from the Company Store, I really think you get what you pay for. The Gerber sheets are flimsy and don't seem like they would last very long at all. The Company Store has great selection and the prices were reasonable. www.companykids.com

Chevalier
02-06-2001, 06:19 AM
I agree; Don't bother with Gerber sheets. I bought a variety of used bassinet sheets. Whenever I pull out one that feels particularly flimsy, I know I've got the Gerber.

lesliehagan
03-01-2001, 05:01 PM
My MIL bought us a set of Carter's bedding at one of their outlets. I hadn't intended to use Carter's, but they are working out fine for us. My MIL knew I wanted solid yellow or yellow gingham, so when she saw them on sale she bought them. Since they were purchased at an outlet I couldn't return them. :)

We don't use the bumper pad or the comforter, so I can't really rate those. I washed them and installed them in the crib for about a week before the baby was born so the MIL could see them, then I packed them up and put them away for "spares". They seemed to be of reasonable quality and didn't noticeably shrink after the one wash I gave them.

We use the sheets, the dust ruffle and the receiving blankets with a balloon-and-clouds print Company Store comforter and bumper pad. My daughter is 10 months old and so far the sheets are holding up well. They are reasonably soft and fit the mattress snugly.

My MIL later bought us some Carter's flannel crib sheets and those have also been fine. They are fairly heavy weight flannel and they also fit the mattress well. They are soft and warm and baby has no complaints!

I do think Carter's is a good value for the price, especially if you're looking for solid colors or gingham prints.