PDA

View Full Version : Primary Colors Bedding

Wendi
01-09-2001, 07:32 PM
We are doing our nursery in Primary colors (red, blue, and yellow). However, I have been having a hard time trying to find a bedding set to go along with. Has anyone seen anything like this or have a suggestion?

maryryan30
01-11-2001, 09:37 AM
Try the following link...

http://www.babybedding.com/primary_colors.htm

It is Carousel's website and they have a few primary bedding sets.

Mary

jmac588
01-13-2001, 12:58 PM
I bought a set from Fisher-Price called Bright Expressions. It's cheap, but I'm really only using the bumper when it comes down to it. (Although I have a Pali crib, and the bumper ties barely make it around the spindles.)

I accessorized with a crib skirt and extra sheets from Company Store. Try companykids.com for some great primary bedding. Also, Pottery Barn Kids catalog has fun primary sets too, especially if you know the gender of the baby.

If all else fails, Babies R Us has a line called Koala Kids that has individual pieces (sheets, bumper, skirt, etc.) in great primary colors. All their pieces are solids.

bjessen
01-19-2001, 03:49 AM
We also are doing are nursery in primary colors (plus green). We plan on a garden theme for our first baby (a girl) and then may switch the decor in the room for our next child if we have a boy (to farm animals or airplanes).

I bought Eddie Bauer's Gingham & Striped Crib Bedding. All the pieces are not online at the moment, but if you have a store nearby that has the catalog you can still purchase the items. The bumper is a multi-patch bumper with alternating striped and checked squares of different colors. The sheets come in the four colors in either solid, striped or checked. The September 2000 catalog prices were $14.99 for a sheet(orig. $22), $27.99 for a crib skirt (orig. $36), and the bumper was $69.99 (orig. $89). They also have a diaper stacker and coverlet, but we skipped these items. I signed up for their Family & Friends sale which is 2-4 times a year(just ask at a store to be put on the mailing list). This sale is for 20% off any merchandise. They honored the 20% off on top of the sale in the catalog, plus I order from a store so I paid no shipping charges. I saved a bundle.

Their sheets all have the elastic all the way around and the bumper has ties at the top and bottom. Anyway, I highly recommend their sheets and if you change your mind they will gladly except returns through the mail or at any of their stores as long as you keep the packing receipt.

pramsden
01-20-2001, 11:02 AM
I just ordered some bedding from Pottery Barn Kids new catalog. They have an alphabet quilt that's in primary colors, although the colors look slightly muted in the catalog. I'm getting a bumber for the crib and quilt for the twin bed in the nursery figuring it will be easy to coordinate with. We'll see after it arrives in a few days.

I also saw a cute set at Babies R Us with an underwater theme and lots of colors as well as an alphabet quilt on sale at The Company Store on-line (I don't see it now, but they have lots of other primary things).

Wendi
02-02-2001, 02:27 PM
Thank you all very much for your suggestions. I have a CompanyKids catalog in front of me, it is exactly what we have been looking for. We have decided to have the quilt custom-made for us. But the sheets in this catalog as well as some of the area rugs will be a great addition.

StaceyG
07-02-2001, 11:07 AM
I saw one recently at Babies R Us by Kidsline, it's called "Atlantis." It's kind of like an under the sea type of theme with fish. I believe it's made exclusively for Babies R Us.

kzallison
07-12-2001, 04:27 PM
I just found the Eddie Bauer gingham set, and like bjessen, I am thrilled with it. It is no longer available through the catalog or website as a set, but the crib sheets and skirts are still available online in a variety of complimentary colors. If you're lucky, you can find the crib quilt and bumper pad in an EB Home store in your area at an amazingly low price (I got both pieces for $110, PLUS I had a $40 store credit from a Christmas return collecting dust in my wallet!). Of course, savvy Baby Bargains readers will question the necessity of these two items for a crib anyway.

Another fun primary crib set I saw recently that might fit your needs was an alphabet style from Pottery Barn. I am unfamiliar with their quality and cost, but it might be worth checking out.

As a note from one who has been there, I commend your choice of primary colors for the nursery. I learned the hard way with my first child that a baby's room is actually furnished in Fisher Price and other assorted toys. It is a waste of money to invest in expensive, highly decorative, themed bedding. If you stick to good quality linens in a basic primary color scheme, your nursery will have a timeless appeal that grows easily with the child and his interests. In addition, your nursery linens can be used in a future child's room regardless of gender with just a change of a few accessories.

maximan
07-25-2001, 04:13 PM
I'm not a real themey person, but I did want primary colors. I found a great set from Luvstuff called jungamals. the bedding didn't have anything to do w/ the animals (just the accessories) but the bedding was pretty darn nifty. Very very cool. it even had a box ruffle. But PRICEY!!! Potterybarn was cute but too muted for me. Then i found my set. Avalon by kidsline. I'm not a patchwork person but the patchwork is pokadots, stripes, plaids, ginghams. The bumper and the liteweight quilt are this way and then it comes w/a yellow gingham sheet and blue striped ruffle w/ red ribbon. A whole hodgepodge of everything. The colors are all darker primary and different shades of each primary. This was exactly what I was looking for since i didn't want to get too themey. They have a whole line of accessories as well. Eddie bauer didn't have any of the gingham colored sheets available that i wanted and neither did pottery barn. I'm going w/ green walls and a big red area rug, yellow shelving and red lettering. oh the reverse sides of the avalon quilt/bumper is denim. Good luck in your search.

mtracy
07-25-2001, 07:01 PM
Where did you find the Avalon by Kidsline? Do they have a website? Your nursery sounds really neat!

maximan
07-30-2001, 05:31 PM
I found it at usa baby. The set was $186. And no kidsline does not have a website. Wish they did. I believe their address is in the baby bargains book. Thanks for your compliment. Good Luck!!!