PDA

View Full Version : BUMPA BED

thomcatbob
03-07-2001, 11:08 AM
Has anyone purchased this bedding system by Baby Jogger? If so, do you recommend it? I was considering it because I don't feel like my mattress fits properly inside my crib and thought this may be better protection from baby getting arms/legs caught between mattress and railing. Also, I was considering their portable bumpa bed for traveling.

ecarley
03-19-2001, 04:02 PM
I'm interested in this topic too. My parents and in-laws keep telling us the baby can sleep in their ancient deathtrap cribs when we visit.... don't think so! I would really like a Bumpa Bed to bring along so we can politely tell them that we brought our own sleeping arrangements. (What I'd really like to tell them is that those cribs belong in a dumpster, but that wouldn't score very many points, now, would it?)

Janneke
03-29-2001, 11:46 PM
I would also like to know additional information. Is it easier to travel with than a pack and play? To what age is it? What about a Travel and Trundle for Toddlers?

Koseken
05-07-2001, 12:51 PM
I have a non-portable bumpa bed and love it - it does keep the baby away from the railing for about the first 8 months (after that, my son insisted on sleeping sideways, and he did get a foot stuck a few times.

The sheet arrangement is also clever - they use a mattress-pad style sheet that I think would be very unlikely to entangle the baby if it got loose. But it has velcro attachements all the way around, so it doesn't easily come loose - my son slept in it until he was almost two, and never pulled it loose. Sheet changes are really simple, which is great at 3 am.

I think the travel version would be useful if you will travel a lot when the baby is young, but after about 6 months most babies will be able to crawl out. I wish the travel bumpa bed were sized to fit in a portable playard - many hotels have them, and it would have made hotel rooms feel much more like home if we'd had a portable bumpa-bed.