PDA

View Full Version : Changing pad that fits?

Stolidoli
03-28-2001, 11:57 PM
Hi! I got a changing table at IKEA, it's adorable, but traditional changing pads don't fit sideways on it. It fits the other way, but hangs off the edge, so instead, I got an old bassinet matress and covered it with a pillowcase. I'd like a real changing pad, you know, with the whole contour thing, but does anyone know of ones that are shorter than the traditional Simmons ones at Babies R Us??? Thanks!

Janneke
03-29-2001, 11:53 PM
We also bought a changing table at Ikea (white/oak). They said that they would get changing pads in. 10 months later, they got in blow up pads. We had a custom one made. The lady at Bellini, who sold us our crib suggested we but all the materials and take it to someone to have made. 15 months later, we are very happy!

Stolidoli
03-30-2001, 12:07 AM
I have the same changing table, I think. Did you fit it sideways or longways? Did it cost alot? What type of business makes a changing pad???

Thanks!

Janneke
03-30-2001, 10:13 AM
I believe the dimensions were 24 x 24. We bought a zipper cover at Bellini, 1 ½ inch foam, waterproof (quilted, plastic like) fabric at a fabric store. We brought it to an upholstery place. It cost $30 plus dollars. I think any alterations place can make it. I normally would have done a price comparison, but I was 8 months pregnant at the time. It has worked out great. I love the changing table. I bought 3 whicker baskets from Ikea for the drawer space. We use the top one for diapers. It is very convenient.

courtney
05-16-2001, 04:16 PM
Hi, I have the same Ikea changing table and I also love it! Looks great and the top is very roomy. Had the same idea with the baskets on the top shelf for the diapers/supplies and it looks just like something from the Pottery barn kids cataloge for 1/2 the price! Plus you can use it later as a book case. Can't beat it.

However... I had the same issue with changing pads not fitting due to the odd size. What I wound up doing is buying a large Graco travel changing pad for about $8 and I put a towel over it so my daughter is not on the sticky vinyl. This works fine for me and it is very easy to keep clean, just change the towel when one gets dirty.

Good luck!

Courtney

km
05-18-2001, 11:54 AM
I have this changing table/bookshelf too and absolutely LOVE it. I purchased a changing table pad, too long of course as everyone is saying. I simply cut it off. I cut the end to find there is a pressed board supporting the back (so i had to slide that out, but you could saw it to size if you wanted) I cut the foam by a few inches so it fits nice and snug. I use a cover on the changing pad...it might be kind of ugly/cheap looking if you didnt have a cover. With as stylish as the table is, spend a few bucks and buy a changing table cover to match the nursery!!