PDA

View Full Version : crib sheet safety ratings (again)

angm
04-06-2001, 01:57 PM
Anyone know about the changes in the crib sheet safety ratings from good housekeeping? I have the same concerns as laclark (mar 21 post). I'm due next month and had registered for eddie bauer sheets but now they are low on the list and the other sheets are hard to find.
Also, does it matter so much for bassinet sheets? (we have a Kolcraft)The best rated aren't available in bassinet size....
help?!
thanks!

sunnymom
06-12-2001, 03:59 PM
I have the same concerns as you do. I just ordered crib sheets from Eddie Bauer this past weekend and am now wondering if I should return them.

alandbaby
07-21-2001, 10:59 PM
I purchased the "safety" type sheets recommended by this article - but they won't fit my mattress and now I am stuck with them. You apparently have to be able to bend or fold the matress to get the "safety" sheet on - and my firm mattress will not do that!

triangle
07-21-2001, 11:47 PM
What kind of mattress do you have? I have the Colgate Classica 1 but we haven't used it yet. Do these sheets work with this mattress? (I was planning on buying them also!)

alandbaby
07-22-2001, 01:15 PM
I have a simmons mattress - do not know exact name - its a pretty firm mattress and I simply could not get that sheet on the mattress - you'd basically have to fold the mattress over (like almost in half) to do it - so if your matress is not flexible then you will probably have the same problem. I have been thinking about this - if I had a mattress that I could fold over like that - I think I'd be more worried about that flimsy mattress than the sheets that were on it. By the way - I got my "safety" sheets on sale - imagine if I had ordered them at full price and paid shipping! Best wishes on finding sheets that will work for you. I know I am still looking.