PDA

View Full Version : bumper pads and Pali cribs?

amccune
04-10-2001, 03:41 PM
Pali crib owners--have you had problems finding bumper pads that work with your crib? The latest edition of Baby Bargains said that most brands are incompatible with Pali's and I'm wondering if this is indeed true.

thanks

Steph
04-14-2001, 08:07 PM
I haven't read that section yet, however we own Pali's Daulphine crib and have had no problems with the Sumersault bumper pad.

bjessen
04-28-2001, 01:14 AM
We have the Sabrina model, and yes, it was difficult getting the bumper on. I wish had known that ahead (I don't think the last version of the book mentioned it), we may have checked out Pali linens. Instead, I bought the Eddie Bauer gingham and stripped crib bedding and bumper. When I tried to tie the bumper on I found two problems.

First, the ties for the corners were a bit difficult because on this model crib the end slats come together in a corner. This is kinda hard to explain unless you see the crib and I never even thought about it till I had to tie the bumper on. I managed to thread the ties through barely and tie them tightly.

Second, the bumper didn't match up well with the slats. So, for the part of the bumper where the two ends tie next to each other it gaps ever so slightly no matter which way I tie it.

I considered pulling the bumper out, but my daughter began scooting on her back across the crib at 4 weeks (she is now six weeks old) and keeps running into the top, bottom, and, at times when she manages to turn herself, side of the crib. The bumpers are the only thing keeping her from hitting her head and dangling her feet between the slots.

However, all that aside. I love my Pali crib. It is sturdy, has a quiet release, and looks good. The drawer underneath is great since we live in a very small 2-bedroom condo. I also have been very pleased with the Eddie Bauer linens. Unfortunately they just are not a perfect match together. I will be taking the bumper out in a couple of months anyway, so it won't be an issue for long.

Food for thought, I also didn't realize that is nearly impossible to lower the side rail with the bumper on. Not too big of a deal now that the mattress is at the highest position, but makes the side rail useless until the bumper comes out or the mattress is lowered.