PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Decorating Nursery

vkmom
04-16-2001, 05:36 PM
If you have time to plan a nursery, order catalogs. It's easier to thumb through print ads than surfing the net. I have catalogs from eddiebauer.com, thecompanystore.com, potterbarnkids, JCPenney Baby Book.

I got to see many different ideas and what's hot! As I already have some crib sheets that I plan to use, I wanted to find something that matches. After skimming through all the magazines, I decided on a theme that will consist of butterflies, flowers, bees (maybe dragonflies).

I'll probaby buy a butterfly lamp, solid rug and stamps from the pottery barn! With the stamps, I could stamp boarders or pictures. I'll probaby stamp in the colors that I already have to coordinate and frame in coordinating frames! If I get ambitious (probably not!), I could stamp on fabric to make curtains.

I got some other ideas from the catalogs as well that I could do myself. I could paint in coordinating colors on corner shelfing or wooden boxes or step stools.

I don't think it will cost much money as I'm not getting any sets and plan to do some work myself, but I'm so excited about what I can do!

cabote
06-05-2001, 12:53 PM
Pottery Barn Kids catalogue gave me great ideas too. Don't buy the stamps from Pottery Barn! I went to Michael's crafts with the same idea and bought a bunch of stamps for decorating her walls. I also did bugs, butterflies, bees, flowers...
You can find so many of the things in those catalogues if you look around. I got great little scalloped box shelves, just like the ones in Eddie Bauer, at Target. Two for $20 instead of $20 each. Target also has great shelves to rival Pottery Barn Kids. I got a little stool that opens for storage, just like the one in PB Kids ($79). I got it at Mervin's for $15 on sale. I got a great flower rug at Bed Bath and Beyond for $15 (had a $5 off coupon) and skipped those HUGE PB Kids prices on rugs. You can also get flower rugs from The Company Store for reasonable prices. Bargain shopping is an addiction! I got basket for under her crib at Mervin's also. Three canvas lined baskets for $20!!! One is large and the other two smaller. Then I bought other baskets around town and made gingham liners copying PB Kids.
I do like to bargain hunt, but I also like quality. I did purchase my bedding from PB Kids as well as curtains. The price was reasonable compared to other manufactures and you have the ability to return it if you are unhappy.