PDA

View Full Version : Curious George Nursery

kimberley
06-11-2001, 11:51 AM
Hello everyone. My husband and I had planned to decorate our nursery with a Curious George theme. I just heard that Belinda Barton, maker of all things Curious George closed up shop! Does anyone know where I might be able to get Belinda Barton Curious George on clearance???? I'm so distressed!
Thanks.

alandenisefields
06-11-2001, 01:07 PM
You might try one of the closeout web sites like smartbargains.com. If you find some out there, post here as to where you found it!

Good luck,
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

Geebee
06-12-2001, 10:49 AM
LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-01 AT 10:40AM (Mountain)[p]I am so excited to see Curious George that I have a HUGE grin on my face as I type. Whee! We also did our child's nursery in Curious George.

Try www.rainbee.com for CG bedding and other toys. It doesn't look like they have crib bedding, but they state that the CG bedding (for regular beds) will be available in fall 2001. Maybe you could ask if that includes crib bedding? Also, you might want to occasionally check ebay. Sometimes people buy these things new and then sell them (we've found some new CG things on ebay).

We didn't get the bedding (daughter is 15 months old), because it is expensive (but so cute if you can afford it!). We found some inexpensive CG valances, yellow checked crib sheets (not CG), and then decorated with CG nicknacks that we have collected over the last couple of years.

If you are interested in wallpaper border, I've seen some recently at Kmart. And I've bought CG children's plates and bowls (plastic) at Target in the past. Let me know if you want more CG sightings!

I hope that helps!

vkmom
06-14-2001, 09:34 PM
If you can't find the bedding, you could still do a Curious George Theme. Getting bedding, curtians, etc. in coordinating colors (yellow, etc.) Find a poster. Get dolls for the room. Place books around the room. Hope that helps.

mary b
07-02-2001, 07:21 PM
I have great news for all Curious George lovers. We too are doing our nursery in CG and were as distressed as you about the bedding. However, rainbee.com now has the license and you can begin purchasing the bedding on July 9 for shipment sometime in the fall of 2001. It is a little pricy but you can mix and match the pieces, you don't have to buy in a set which is great. Our baby is due in September so we painted the room CG yellow and were having a mural painted so a couple bedding items will go great.

shnewell
07-22-2001, 03:02 PM
Try http:\\www.babyheirlooms.com

They have an entire CG section. Act fast--some of the discontinued stuff is on clearance!