PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bauer Crib Sheets-safe or not?

sunnymom
06-12-2001, 04:02 PM
Just purchased Eddie Bauer Crib sheets this past weekend based on the info found in the Baby Bargains book. After seeing the lastest ratings from Good Housekeeping on them not being safe, I am thinking of returning them. Does anyone use these sheets, and if so, would you recommend that I keep them?

alandenisefields
06-12-2001, 05:32 PM
For the record, we still think these are safe, high quality sheets for a crib.

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

veedah
06-24-2001, 01:29 AM
In Baby Bargains, the authors recommend purchasing sheets with elastic that is sewn in around the entire edge of the fitted sheets, not just on the ends. I purchased an Eddie Bauer fitted sheet (solid berry color) from an EB Home store, and it was fine. So then I mail-ordered a couple more (yellow stripes and blue stripes) and they did not have the elastic around the entire edge, just on the two short ends! I was disappointed and returned the sheets to a local EB store. (PS-I'm still happy with the EB bumper and skirt I purchased.)

marcia
06-25-2001, 03:01 PM
I would think that any concerns can be allayed by buying some clips designed to keep the sheets tucked around the mattress. Of course, this is an assumption and I'm NOT speaking from experience, so any other reactions would be welcome.