PDA

View Full Version : Amy Coe - anyone?

TaraNY
06-13-2001, 10:41 PM
Even though I've looked far and wide for something a bit cheaper that I like, nothing has appealled to me quite like Amy Coe bedding. We've selected the Little Women set at babystyle.com. Yes, I know it is terribly expensive ($530). I'm encouraged by what the book had to say about the line, but I wondered about the experience of others. Anyone else out there have Amy Coe bedding? How does it hold up?

cyndiconrow
07-22-2001, 08:57 AM
FYI I have seen some Amy Coe odds and ends on Bluefly.com.

julie1218
08-19-2001, 09:58 PM
i chose the amy coe pattern, "french wolf." with a little internet searching, i realized that this fabric was called "french fox" and was available to purchase. living in the large city of dallas, i quickly located it and bought the fabric myself and had my mom sew the nursery items. the fabric was still expensive ($25/yard). So, for example, my bumper pad and triple dust ruffle cost about $200. however, the amy coe bumper pad and single dust ruffle sells for over $300 (with dust ruffle), so it was still cheaper to buy the fabric myself. plus, i got to customize every stitch of the nursery and still get the fabric that i liked. so, if you are or know of a good seamstress consider finding the fabric yourself to either save a bit of money or to have pieces made that amy coe doesn't make (like curtains, rocker pillow covers, etc.).
julie

SageM
09-06-2001, 03:24 PM
I, too, am interested in purchasing the Amy Coe "Little Women" crib set, but am a little put off by the price. I'm sure you get what you pay for, and the quality is probably excellent. They also sell all the fabrics by the yard on babystyle.com, but they are so expensive, you might as well just buy the finished product.

If you haven't already purchased the Little Women set, check out www.baby-cakes.net. This is a Los Angeles based company that sold their stuff on e-bay for awhile (all new merchandise). They use toile and chenille, similar to Amy Coe, but the crib sets are a little cheaper. You can get a four piece toile and gingham crib set, including bumper, ruffle, blanket, and fitted sheet, for $250. Baby Cakes also offers matching accessories to all crib sets such as pillows, window valences, lamp shades & door stops.