PDA

View Full Version : Classica I vs Classica II

marcia
06-25-2001, 03:02 PM
I was looking for a Colgate Classica I mattress and found a Classica II at BuyBuyBaby. It is also a foam mattress. Does anyone know what the differences are between the I and the II?

vkmom
06-28-2001, 12:13 PM
I know there was something about that in the past edition of Baby Bargains. I can't remember everything about it, but a suggestion was made to get the foam one as it is lighter and easier to change especially in the middle of the night. Also, some claim that foam is not good, but the authors did some research and found nothing there. If I get a chance to look at my book today, I will post any other info.

SylviaC
06-28-2001, 07:22 PM
The difference is in the firmness. The Colgatekids.com website lists the different mattresses they make. Colgate I is "extra firm" while the II is "very firm" and the III is "dual zone - extrafirm/firm". There's also a Supreme model that is dual firmness with a convoluted foam on one side (like egg catron foam). As for what that really means I have no idea (besides price of course). I've only seen the Classica I in stores. That's the one I'm getting for our crib. I hope that helps some.
Sylvia

SylviaC
06-28-2001, 07:25 PM
The difference is in the firmness. The Colgatekids.com website lists the different mattresses they make. Colgate I is "extra firm" while the II is "very firm" and the III is "dual zone - extrafirm/firm". There's also a Supreme model that is dual firmness with a convoluted foam on one side (like egg catron foam). As for what that really means I have no idea (besides price of course). I've only seen the Classica I in stores. That's the one I'm getting for our crib. I hope that helps some.
Sylvia

SylviaC
06-28-2001, 07:26 PM
Sylvia