PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Crib Sheet HELP!!!

Geebee
06-25-2001, 04:11 PM
My daughter vomited in her bed. I've soaked the UCS in Biz (non-chlorine bleach) and then washed it. It looks clean, but still smells awful. Before I throw it in the trash and spend money on another, does anyone have any ideas on removing the smell?

BTW, I LOVE the UCS. Even with this mess, it was so much easier to pull the UCS off the crib mattress than a traditional crib sheet. I can't say enough good things about this product.

Thank you for your help!

jiujiu
07-02-2001, 02:28 PM
You might try liquid Lysol concentrate. It's strong stuff. There are directions for using it in laundry. After you wash it in that, though, you might need to wash it a couple more times to get the Lysol smell out. Jennifer

mystrelady
07-28-2001, 04:07 PM
I don't have an UCS, but I have used "Mother's Little Miracle" cleaner on my daughter's clothing and it has been great on stains and smells. It is enzyme based and works great on vomit, poop, blood, etc. You can buy it in Babies R Us.

lechebo
11-16-2009, 12:12 AM
To remove th smell, make a paste with "Arm & Hammer" baking soda and water and rub over the smelly surface, leave for 20' and clean. Good luck!

twowhat?
11-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Any of the enzyme cleaners should work. We use Nature's Miracle...pour it on until it's completely saturated and then just let it sit (scrub with a brush if you need to get a stain out). It can sit for hours if you want. Then wash it. This has gotten our sick-dog-diarrhea-ground-into-the carpet smell AND stain out. I was impressed.