PDA

View Full Version : baby guess bedding

michele
07-12-2001, 04:29 PM
One year ago I bought my son the baby guess bedding in a blue gingham. Now, I can't find a valance that goes with the bedding since Nojo took over. Does anyone know where I could find the valance or the fabric?

kzallison
07-12-2001, 11:38 PM
I have this bedding, too, only in the salmon color for my daughter. I love it, and I wish I could find more of it. (I wanted to buy raw yardage to cover ugly, melamine closet doors.) I've looked for additional pieces without success, so I don't believe that the pattern is available anymore. I do have a suggestion for you regarding a window treatment, though. I used the bedding bag fabric, along with an extra sheet in the smallest gingham pattern to cover a cornice my husband built from leftover lumber. (If you don't have an extra gingham sheet, consider buying ivory cotton yardage from a fabric store, since it will match the original plain crib sheet, and then use the gingham from the bag as a detail strip.) I've never been very handy with a sewing machine or staple gun, but our version turned out great. We've had many compliments on it in the last couple of years. I also used leftover bag fabric to cover a 10" foam cylinder pillow. I used the cording from the bag to tie up the ends. My daughter loved to roll over it (with help) when she was younger. Now, it just looks pretty in her crib when she's not sleeping.

Good luck...Karen