PDA

View Full Version : General Questions-- Ultimate Crib Sheet, fitted sheets, mattress pads

sborn
08-17-2001, 04:35 PM
Probably silly questions but... If you use the ultimate crib sheet, then does it really matter what the quality of the fitted sheet is (since it won't be touching the baby)? And if you use the UCS, do you still use a mattress pad?

emmiem
08-18-2001, 08:48 AM
You're right. It probably does not matter what the quality of the crib sheet it. You just see the sides of it. I was surprised when I got my UCS that it was so large. I also felt it was stiff. My sheets felt better. I still use a mattress pad. I think I might use sometime, the smaller sheet savers by NoJo. I will wait and see how much my baby moves around.

sarsah
08-22-2001, 09:05 PM
I bought one of the UCS and ended up taking it back because I never used it. I ended up using the Nojo sheet savers (which are smaller -- sometimes I used 2 of them at the same time), which worked just fine for us. I bought most of mine used at yard sales, so they worked out to be a lot cheaper than the UCS.

The UCS would have worked well once my son started to move around (had already returned the UCS before then), but he really wasn't that messy (never had to do an 'emergency sheet change' in the middle of the night). He's 15 months old now and still not very messy.

Sarah.....

MonsterMom2
08-27-2001, 01:42 PM
I used the UCS on top of the scratchy decorative sheet that came with the bedding set. It was great for my special needs son. We had a lot of leaks and spills from his IV and stomach feeding tube that ran overnight. I stopped using them when his twin brother became very active (about 9 months) and started folding up the end.

I loved it for its ease in changing, but be careful with the unsecured ends.