PDA

View Full Version : Land's End: a pain, or bad luck?

dmitchell
10-25-2001, 08:27 PM
Based on the great reviews for Land's End bedding in the book and in these forums, I ordered some crib sheets (in crystal blue color) from them a few weeks ago. The item is backordered to November 28. Okay, I thought, the baby isn't due until December 7 anyway.

Then last week I noticed in "overstocks" that crib bumpers were on sale for $36. I ordered a bumper pad (as well as the Do It All Diaper Bag). I received a phone call today saying that the bumper pad was out of stock and there was no further information about future availability. Also, my shipping charges for the diaper bag had *not* been decreased to reflect the absence of the bumper pad. So I'll get free shipping on a future order (assuming it doesn't get messed up!), but for now I'm sheetless and bumperless and frustrated that after all that research I have to start over.

Is Land's End usually this flaky, or is these two experiences just a coincidence?

emmiem
10-29-2001, 10:57 AM
In my experience, Lands End does pretty good in customer service. I believe their shipping rate is a flat rate no matter what you purchase. I also would not have been surprised that a clearance item is no longer in stock. Things go quick once put on sale.

Geebee
10-29-2001, 03:45 PM
I've ordered a number of things from LE, and I've never had a problem. They have always been very helpful.

I hope that everything works out!

MaKetels
10-30-2001, 11:45 AM
I've ordered many many things from LE over the years, and have never been dissatisfied. Often they will be "out of stock" and give you an estimated ship date, but they will usually ship long before that date ever comes... just a cushion, I think.

Also, if you are ever dissatisfied with their products (even months or years later) they will give you a credit or refund-- so if you are really unhappy with the product after using it for a while, send it back!

Good luck!
Elin

cricketnmatt
10-31-2001, 04:14 PM
I ordered crib sheets from LE and received them with no problem whatsoever.

suzska
12-22-2001, 12:28 AM
I know it's months later, but I just saw this post.

Lands' End charges shipping based on the total price of the order (there are different levels). They use to charge a flat rate, but I think once their online business picked up it wasn't cost effective for them anymore (that's just my guess--I have no idea why they changed their shipping policy a few years back).

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I have been ordering from Lands' End for around 10 years now, and have had very few problems. I have been ordering online from them for well over 5 of those years. Only once have I had something that was on backorder never come in--I can't remember if it was a clearance item or not. Just this month I ordered something that was supposed to be on backorder until January 8, 2002, and it came last week--in plenty of time for Christmas! They will take items back at any time if you're not satisfied (I still have to get around to returning that backpack....). I also wanted to mention that a few years ago my mother ordered a few hundred dollars worth of stuff for Christmas gifts and the package never arrived. She called and explained things to them, and they said "no problem" and just shipped out another box of the stuff--without any additional charge. (I can't remember if they ever located the original box or not....)

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01