PDA

View Full Version : Alternate uses for Crib Bumper Pad - Any Ideas??

ACinnamonGirl
10-28-2001, 09:30 PM
Hi ~
Does anyone out there have any great ideas for using the crib bumper pad once it is no longer safe to use it in the crib? While the bumper pad has definitely served its purpose, I just wish there was some other use for it - it has such a cute print on it. Any suggestions from all you creative people out there???
Thanks!
Jules

HOBSON725
10-29-2001, 08:52 AM
I think using the bumper pad as a wall hanging might be cute...especially if it has such a cute print on it :) Either use clear thumb tacks and just tack it on the wall(the holes will disappear after you wash it) or attach the bumper pad with pieces of fabric to a dowel rod and hang it that way. Good luck! Let me know what you choose to do!!!!
~ECH

ACinnamonGirl
11-03-2001, 05:21 PM
Hi ~
The idea of making a wall hanging is a cute one. However, I recently built shelves that I put up, 70" from the floor, all around the perimeter of my daughter's room. So, there is not a lot of space left on her walls. I suppose you could also use the bumper like a wallpaper border and hang it around the room?

Your wall hanging idea did gave me another thought - cutting the bumper pad and using it as a topper or "puffy" valence over the window in my DD's nursery. You could sew additional ties onto the top of the pad and use that to attach it to a curtain rod.

The bumper pad that I have is in the "Noah's Ark" theme with color blocks and cartoon animals on it (I bought it at Target). I had also thought of cutting out the individual color blocks, putting a nice edging on them and making pillows or binding several together into a soft book of sorts.

Thanks for your suggestion! :)
Jules

Petarsmom
12-22-2001, 01:18 AM
My mother put the bumper pad around the bottom of my wire bakers rack in the dining room. At least my son doesn't scrape his head when he crawls around.

algoan
03-25-2002, 02:03 PM
A friend of ours tied the bumpers around the edge of their coffee table to keep their curious little girl out from underneath, where she might have raised up and bumped her head.