PDA

View Full Version : Farm Animal Nursery?

SusiePSU
12-23-2001, 12:14 AM
My husband has his heart set on a farm nursery....but I can't seem to find much for it. Has anyone ever come across such a thing, and if so, how can I find one? I can make a lot of it, if I can get some suitable material. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. As this is our first kid on the way, we really don't know what in the world we are doing!

suzska
12-23-2001, 12:32 AM
I actually got the Boynton Barnyard Animals nursery stuff on eBay about 1.5 years ago (it's a discontinued pattern). But I had seen other farm animal patterns at BabyDepot last year. I did find a cute framed print at BabyDepot with a horse, a pig, and a cow. I bought a cute cow print fabric at JoAnn's and covered one of those self-stick lampshades. [My parents bought a townhouse a few years back and the previous owners left behind their nursery curtains (which we didn't keep)--they were a different cow print trimmed in red fabric that looked like barn wood.] I also bought a lot of stuffed cows, pigs, horses, etc. for my son's room. And Lands' End use to have flannel crib sheets called "Quack! Oink! Moo!" which I, of course, had to buy when they were on clearance. Oh, I also got blue and white checked fabric that matched the Boynton stuff (again from eBay), which included a valance that someone had already made, so I used that. We painted the walls of the room dark green up to a height of about 36" (I can't remember exactly), and the rest of the walls and ceiling light blue (it's a Cape Cod, so the ceiling slopes). Some day I plan to paint fluffy, white clouds, but who knows if I'll ever get around to it. I also painted an old dresser the same shade of blue of the sides and top, and then painted all of the drawers a lighter green. Target use to have cow and pig drawer pulls, so I bought two of each for the small drawers, and painted the other pulls different brite colors.

That's all the ideas I can think of right now. The only other thing I did was to buy wooden letters from JoAnn Fabrics that spell out my son's name (they are maybe 6" or 8" high), and painted each one a different color and hung them on the wall. The letters run about $2.50 each, although they're often on sale, so it's a pretty inexpensive decorating option.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

suzska
12-23-2001, 12:54 AM
Out of curiousity I went to eBay and found this set (a different pattern). If it's something you're interested in, the auction ends 12-27-01. I don't know how you feel about used stuff--my mother thought I was crazy, but I got the Boynton pattern I wanted (which was discontinued) for about 1/3 the cost of what it would have been new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1313183913

Just a thought....(I couldn't find anything that was close at BabyDepot--except a Lamb pattern by Lambs and Ivy).

Good luck whatever you decide!

--Sue B.

vivianm
12-23-2001, 12:54 PM
The Land of Nod (www.landofnod.com) has an adorable crib bedding set called "Farm Friends." There's a matching rug and children's chair/ottoman set if you are so inclined. I recently ordered another of their crib bedding sets (I was deciding between the "Farm Friends" pattern and the one I ultimately went with, "Animal Cribdom") and am very pleased with the quality of their bedding. Their stuff is very unique and whimsical. Good luck!

suzska
12-26-2001, 12:44 AM
In case you were interested I just noticed that the "Quack! Oink! Moo!" flannel crib ensemble parts are on clearance at http://www.landsend.com. If you want to check it out, go to the Overstocks section, then--For The Home--Kid's Bed & Bath--Bedding--Crib Ensembles--and you'll see them there. The Coverlet is $23.50 (was $34.00), the Crib Skirt is $21.00 (was $30.00), the Bumper Pad is $35.00 (was $50.00). They don't have the sheets to match, but you can get solid ones--they also have some of those on clearance in Pink, Sunlight, or White (2/$19.00 was 2/$32.00) under the solid flannel crib stuff, any of which would go with the pattern. I think it's a really cute pattern with ducks, pigs, cows, sheep, dogs, and cats on a white background--they're sort of little "childish pen drawings" for lack of a better description. As I mentioned, I have the sheets and I really like the pattern.

--Sue B.

babyretailer
12-27-2001, 08:58 PM
You might consider a brand new set by Glenna Jean called "Barnyard Friends". The quality is excellent and it's adorable.

naynaysmom
01-14-2002, 05:02 PM
Pottery Barn Kids has an adorable farm animal bedding line called "Old Macdonald". It is really cute and unisex as well. Though PBK tends to be a bit pricey, the quality is great and you can often find these items being sold on eBay at a substantial discount. You can call PBK at 1-800-430-7373 to order a catalog.
Good luck! :-)

vpalmer
01-18-2002, 10:55 AM
Pottery Barn has a very cute Farm Animal Pattern. Their website is www.potterybarnkids.com.

ashkash
01-23-2002, 01:01 PM
We're doing the Pottery Barn Kids "Old MacDonald" line, and I'm planning to do a paint-by-numbers mural from http://www.muralstore.com - they have an adorable barnyard scene! It doesn't look too difficult either, and the prices are great!

Good luck! :)

Erika1
01-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Hi Jim,

I am interested in purchasing the Barn Yard Friends crib bedding by Glenna Jean and am trying to find someone who has it to get a review. Did you buy this set? Have you washed it? How did it hold up? Also, does the bumper tie on both the top and bottom?

Thanks for your help.

Erika