PDA

View Full Version : confused about different crib mattress pads....

minamorin
01-08-2002, 02:18 PM
someone please help! waterproof crib mattress pads range so greatly in prices, i don't know which one to get. i've seen one at $7.50 (two for $12!) at babystyle.com; lands' end sells one at whopping $30!

what are the differences? i don't want to be cheap and suffer the consequences -- after all, babies do leak. but if a $7.50 product does the trick, why pay $30????

any comments would be appreciated.

-confused and baffled

suzska
01-10-2002, 12:42 AM
I got mine from BabiesRUs. I can't remember the brand name (might be one of their own?), but I'm pretty sure I got two in a pack. They are flannel on one side, and vinyl on the other. They have worked just fine. I can't remember what I paid for them, but I'm sure it wasn't much. (I don't see them on their site right now.) I liked that the vinyl on the back "sticks" to the vinyl of the mattress and prevents them from slipping. They only negative is they take a while to dry in the dryer (the water "stays" on the vinyl), so I just put them in by themselves. I also have a Carter's one that has flannel on both sides, and the vinyl in the middle. I've never used this one of the crib--never got around to it, but I have used it on our bed (just on top of our sheets) whenever my son has ended up in our bed (the one time I didn't, his diaper leaked--which rarely happens anyway). While I love Lands' Ends' products, I couldn't see spending $30 for a crib mattress pad--but I do like their flannel crib sheets!

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

suzska
01-10-2002, 12:48 PM
I double-checked my old registry list. They were Continental Quilting, but were only one to a pack. They're the 27x50 pads.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

minamorin
02-01-2002, 02:14 PM
... for your tip!

egoldber
02-01-2002, 10:01 PM
I have 2 of the "Ultimate Crib Sheet" that I REALLY like. They sound very similar to what Sue described. I got mine at BabiesRUs and I think they were like $12 or $15. They fit perfectly in the crib but don't show from the outside so your fancy bedding (if you have it) still looks nice. I have 2, so that when one is being washed, the other is on the bed. I especially like that the "flannel" side faces the baby and keeps the bed warmer than just a plain sheet. That way the temp of a cold sheet isn't quite so jarring when you lay down the infant you have worked so hard to get to sleep!

HTH,