PDA

View Full Version : Lambskin rug

TLC1994
02-06-2002, 09:15 PM
I'm having the hardest time getting my daughter to sleep on her own (for longer than 30 minutes at a time) and just read about lambskin rugs for babies. I guess that babies just love them. This is from one of the websites that sells them (www.lamby.com):

"The Lamby Lambskin Cuddle Rug soothes and caresses like a parents loving arms, allowing baby to snuggle up, fall asleep quickly and stay asleep longer. Warm in Winter, cool in Summer, all natural and medical quality. Machine washable. Approx. 24" x 36" Naturally Flame Resistant. "

Has anyone used one of these lambskin rugs? If so, do you think it was worth the money - they're not cheap!

Thanks a lot for the input.

Ali
02-22-2002, 07:49 PM
Haven't used one with my daughter yet, but I might. I know Dr. Sears recommends them to soothe babies and help them nap in public places (he had an Australian audience once where most of the babies were on them). I also know that unless the wool is cut VERY short, they're considered unsafe (SIDS risk?). That said, Costco sells a quad (four sheepskins sewn together into about the size of the top of a queen-size bed) for about $110. I have two of them, and had another one until my cats wore it out (cats knead them--feels like Mom's fur to them I think). If I decide to do that with my daughter, I'll probably take the Costco sheepskin, cut it down to size, and cut the fleece short. That size normally sells for anywhere from $400 up, so it's a great deal at $110. It's very beautiful and very luxurious. If you need more info, or pictures, email and I'll send you some-- I think I still have the info around here somewhere from when I was looking for/pricing sheepskins. (Incidentally, often times nursing homes and hospitals use sheepskins-- you don't get bedsores laying on them!) Good luck!

seven2skip
09-08-2002, 05:04 PM
These are great - babies LOVE them... Bowron makes the best. See site below, as well as a retailer I bought myn from (cut and paste the address, its quite long) !!
[email protected]

http://www.bowron.com

http://www.nzshopping.com/category.pasp?emguid=FDA9EA6C9FE64DE8A97A4BF55770D F31&categoryid=53&productid=127&tmp=3&full=1

seven2skip
09-08-2002, 05:06 PM
I forgot to mention - it was only $ 44.00 (U.S. dollars) at that website - great deal !!! I got the long wool one and my baby loves it, I wish I had one only adult size !!

The site was:

http://www.nzshopping.com/category.pasp?emguid=FDA9EA6C9FE64DE8A97A4BF55770D F31&categoryid=53&productid=127&tmp=3&full=1

Libby_1
09-14-2002, 12:58 PM
I purchased one from www.lamby.com. We really like it (my 4 1/2 month old son likes it too!) I think it was worth the money. I was a little hesitant at first but now that I have it, I have no regrets. My son's back use to get very warm and sometimes sweaty in his bed, with the lamby underneath him that doesn't happen anymore. We also use the lamby in our baby jogger, makes for a more comfortable ride for him. I was impressed with the quality of the lamby, it was very clean, doesn't shed hair, and it is very thick and soft.
Hope that helps! Liz