PDA

View Full Version : Do ALL PBK sheets have all-around elastic?

momathome
02-08-2002, 11:01 AM
I just purchased 2 fitted crib sheets from Pottery Barn Kids and was surprised to discover that the elastic was only on the corners, not all the way around like the billowy percale sheets I had bought before from them. The pattern I purchased had little teapots all over and were on clearance in the PBK store. Is this how they are making their sheets now? Should I return them?
-Lauren

christic
02-14-2002, 10:35 AM
I also bought some PBK sheets that don't have all-around elastic, mine were in the ticking stripe pattern. I noticed when I bought them that they were cheaper than both the chambray and gingham patterns and when they arrived saw that they were made in Indonesia instead of Portugual like the gingham bumper I ordered. The fabric also feels rougher than the gingham. I'm going to return them and buy sheets in solid chambray instead...hoping that it's the made in Indonesia sheets that are of lesser quality and that the slightly more expensive sheets are that way for a reason. Will let you know what I find. Did you notice where your sheets were made?

SylviaC
02-17-2002, 06:10 PM
I'm not sure when the Fields'did their reviews of PBK bedding, but I've had my chambray sheets since July '01 and those didn't have elastic all the way around then either. I think that's just how they are making their sheets now. As for whether to return, I haven't. I have washed them a few times and they are still great quality fitted sheets - they fit great and haven't faded a bit. If you like them I'd say keep 'em anyway.
Sylvia

christic
02-21-2002, 12:58 PM
Well, the chambray sheets I ordered only have elastic on the ends instead of all the way around. The quality seems excellent so I'm still going to keep them, but am curious about whether this is a safety issue. I bought one Amy Coe sheet, a brand the Fields also say has all-around elastic, and it only has elastic on the ends too.

Confused but happy with my sheets....

akc
03-06-2002, 08:56 PM
Hi there -

New PBK sheets arrived today (in the chambray and gingham patterns) - they both have elastic all the way around the two ends (meaning the width) but not around the whole sheet. All the people I know that have them, love them, so I'm going to keep mine.

Just thought I'd let you know -
akc