PDA

View Full Version : Help with Bumper Ties

dszeppel
02-13-2002, 03:08 PM
Does anyone have a crib with solid sides and use a bumper? I have the Ragazzi Sleigh crib and I went to put the bumper on and realized there is no place to attach the ties. Anyone run into this problem? If so, what did you do?

SylviaC
02-17-2002, 06:18 PM
Here's one suggestion...
Buy some velcro. you'll need two kinds: one with tape backing and one sew-on. Using the tape-kind, place a few strips on the crib corners. Press it down hard so you get a good contact. You should probably clean the crib off well before sticking. Then using the sew-on type, cut equal-length strips of the opposite velcro. So, if you taped on the soft-stuff, use the hard-loops. Or visa-versa. Then sew them on the bumper where they match up with the crib.
Since you're not using the bumpers for too long, and you devinitely want something that the baby can use as a way to get out of the crib, this should be an ok solution. Once you're done with the bumpers you can take the velcro off the crib.
I hope that works!
Sylvia

wendy03060
07-19-2002, 12:51 PM
I realize this thread is a few months old, but as an owner of a Ragazzi who encountered the same problem, I thought I'd reply. We simply tied the bumper ties to the nearest thinner bars of the crib. It resulted in the bumper being rotated about two inches within the crib. Our bumper wansn't super-thick or over-stuffed and I think that helped it conform to the bed better. If it hadn't fit squarely into the corners, I had planned on using my sewing machine to stitch a straight vertical line where I wanted the corners to be to help it fit better. As always, it is most important to use common sense and logic when using baby products in a way not suggested by the manufacturer.