PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate crib sheet not that "ultimate" anymore?

SylviaC
02-23-2002, 07:24 PM
I was reading some reviews on Amazon.com under the Ultimate crib sheet and now I don't think I'll buy one. A few people posted about ones they had purchased recently and said they aren't made the same anymore. Here's one quote:

"They are now less than half as thick and after only one washing the vinyl backing is all wrinkled. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY, they won't last a month of washing."

Yikes! Has anyone purchased one recently? I'd hate to spend the money if they really aren't worth it anymore. And if they're not, what would you recommend?
Thanks,
Sylvia

egoldber
02-23-2002, 08:56 PM
I have 2 that I bought 6 months ago at BRU. I think they are great. The vinyl backing did wrinkle after the first washing, but not severely and certainly not enough to affect performance.

HTH,

mommymaria
02-24-2002, 01:04 PM
I love these sheets. I have 4 that I bought about 4-5 months ago. Two are from BRU and 2 from babyabby.com. They all are in heavy rotation (my son has reflux and is quite the spitter). The backs wrinkled a bit but the sheets are certainly still usable. I am just careful to tumble dry on low setting.

There is a slight difference between the 2 from BRU and the 2 from Baby Abby. Not in quality, but how and where the elastic straps are sewn on. So they fit the crib a bit differently.

The only problem I have now is that my son has started pulling the Ultimate Sheet away from the edges of the bed and ends up messing up the "good" sheets anyway. Not sure if there is anything I can do about that.

egoldber
02-24-2002, 08:44 PM
mommymaria, I noticed that the 2 sheets I have from BRU, also fit the crib differently (from each other). Maybe there is just some variability in the sheets in general.

I am curious, how is your son managing to pull the UCS away and expose the "good" bedding? I have not experienced that problem yet. Maybe my baby is just too young (6 months)?

mommymaria
02-25-2002, 09:28 AM
Beth,

My son is 6 months and rolls and "scoots" all around the crib. He has started sleeping on his belly which his pediatrician says is ok since he can roll himself back with no problem. He pulls the UCS back at the ends of the crib, exposing several inches of the good sheet. Of course, that is where he will decide to spit up!

I am a little worried that one of the snaps will open up and the elastic hurt him as it snaps back. But I test them myself when I put on the UCS and they seem very secure.

Maria