PDA

View Full Version : Odd sized cradle bedding

candybomiller
03-07-2002, 02:28 PM
Does anyone know where I can find cradle bedding that is not 18" by 36"? My fil is giving us a cradle his father made, but the dimensions of it are 14 1/4" X 30 1/4". I'm thinking I'll have to special order something, but where do I do that? At this point, I'm thinking about just using the cradle to hold stuffed animals :) but since he's going to come out and visit when the baby is born (edd 5/15) he'll probably expect us to use to cradle... help!

SylviaC
03-07-2002, 04:00 PM
I had a similar problem - my BIL made a cradle for his two kids that we used for our son when he was born in Aug. The inside-bottom measured about 15 x 29 and I had a heck of a time finding sheets. I finally settled on bassinet sheets by Riegel(Simmons). I got them at Toys R Us - couldn't find them anywhere else or online. If I remember correctly, the package sizing said 12 x 29 but they were stretchy and had so much elastic that they ended up fiting very well - just a little loose at the corners. Since I only use the bassinet for 3 months (moved to the crib in his room after that) he didn't move around so I wasn't worried about him pulling it off or anything like that.

I did a search just now for "bassinet sheet" on google and did find 16x32 sheets on babysupermall.com and spencers.com - you might look at those too. A search for "cradle sheet" turned up a 15x33 sheet on momstobefashions.com - may be worth a look.

As a last resort, one suggestion someone gave me was to try using a pillowcase in a solid color to match the bedding - either a regular or king size case would work. If you have a sewing machine you can just straight-stitch to width and tuck the excess length under one end. I like that better than getting a custom made sheet.

Anyway, I hope that helps some.
Sylvia