PDA

View Full Version : bedding options for pack n play w/ basinnet feature

kflen
03-18-2002, 10:04 PM
OK, I am about to ask the stupidest question, and I am sure that the answer is completely a common sense one. However, I seem to have lost most of my common sense since I have become pregnant (for the first time). I plan to use the bassinet feature on my playpen for my baby in the beginning instead of getting a seperate bassinet or cradle, etc. What kind of bedding do I use? There isn't a mattress as such, and I am curious what I put in there for the baby to sleep on. After reading about how dangerous loose blankets are, etc., I am not sure what I can use, or how I can use it. Thanks so much for your comments.

egoldber
03-18-2002, 10:49 PM
We used this with my baby for the first few weeks and it was very handy. When you set up the bassinet, there is an insert that goes into it. It is not a "mattress" per se, but that is what the baby sleeps on. You can buy Pack n Play sheets at BabiesRUs and places like that. I think they are about $5 each. After about 6 weeks, my baby didn't sleep so well in the bassinet, so we stopped using it for that. I still use the changing table part every day. In fact, it is my "main" changing table as it is on the main floor of my house. The "real" changing table upstairs in the nursery is only used a couple times a day.

The problem isn't with using blankets, it's with using thick, fluffy bedding and blankets that are a suffocation/SIDS hazard. Plain thin cotton or flannel receiving blankets can be used to swaddle your baby in to sleep.

HTH,