PDA

View Full Version : Sheepskin Rugs

Libby_1
03-20-2002, 03:03 PM
I was wondering if anyone has purchased a sheepskin rug for their baby lately. I am trying to find one online but I am unsure of the quality that is out there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Liz

jojo2324
03-20-2002, 04:46 PM
I just bought one at BJs Wholesale Club. Honestly, I'm not too sure about the quality of it, but it's pretty big (probably 3'long and 2'wide) and it was only twenty bucks. I've been searching online for one, but it seemed that all I could find were ones much smaller starting at $70 at least. It feels pretty nice and squooshy (sp?); it's the back of it that seems to be a bit lacking (the hide (?) is kind of peeling off...but not really...weird to explain). I was going to use it in the back of the car for diaper changes; it is so big that I could probably cut it in half and get double the use out of it. Don't know if that helps.

gdota
03-21-2002, 11:01 PM
I purchased two of them at IKEA - they were around $20 each. One is for the baby (due end of July), the other is for my 4 year old. I had always wanted to get one for him when he was an infant - and he LOVES having one now. He puts it on top of his pillow and sleeps on it every night. He also pulls it out to lay down on it to look through books, play with Lego's, etc. It's a great investment, since my son's use seems to prove that it's useful for several different ages.

The ones I purchased were not large - about 3 feet long by 1.5 or 2 feet wide - but you don't need big ones for babies.

Can't answer your question about quality, though the ones from IKEA seem well made and with my son's frequent use is still in great condition.

-gabrielle

IansMom04
03-25-2002, 03:15 PM
Hi
I found a nice "lamb skin" that I am going to get. I like it because the lamb didn't have to die in order for the rug to be made. It seems very nice. One site I found that sold it would send you a sample for free so you could see the quality. I can't remember what site though..sorry

http://www.snugglewool.com/
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/mamamoon/sw-24.html
http://www.safehomeproducts.com/SHP/SF/Snuggle_wool.asp

tribegirl3
03-30-2005, 10:07 PM
I know this is a very, very old thread but I just got a sheepskin rug, how do you all like yours? Would you buy more?

Thanks-
Angie

Sillygirl
03-31-2005, 11:12 AM
I also snatched one up at IKEA. They are small but I have found them to be good quality. Jonathan loves to lie on it after his bath. The price really can't be beat!

tribegirl3
03-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Does anyone use their sheepskin in the crib? That is what we do with DS and he seems to go back to sleep quicker in the transfer. He used to "freak out" when going from our arms to the crib but this is much more cozier for him.

Have you washed your IKEA sheepskin?

Thanks-
Angie

Sillygirl
03-31-2005, 01:03 PM
I don't use it in the crib because I have raging SIDS paranoia. That's just me, though.

I am not the type to stress much over laundry - generally I just toss everything in and don't read many labels. But the sheepskin is one thing I wouldn't wash at all. I'm sure you'd wind up with a matted, felted mess. The label says dry clean only and for once I'll believe it. We do run the vaccum over it every week to pick up dirt bits.

tribegirl3
03-31-2005, 04:14 PM
I am glad I asked about this! My dad was changing my little man on the beloved sheepskin and well, got it soiled with something you don't want your babies sleeping on! Will try to spot clean and then take it to the dry cleaners if I could get DS to sleep somewhere else for a few days!!! Ahhhh!