PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to hang a quilt!

suzska
03-31-2002, 05:33 PM
I've been meaning to tell everyone about these. I don't know if you've seen them yet, but they're an easy way to hang a quilt on the wall. They are "June Tailor Quilt Hangers:"

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?PRODID=11911&CATID=24992&foreground=green

I got mine at my local JoAnn Fabrics store (I actually had a 50% off anything coupon, so I got them for $5.00--my local store sells them for $9.99 for the pair). They're sold in pairs, and you would need 2-3 hangers for a baby quilt depending on which way you hang it.

They're simple wooden blocks with a "marble" in the center that holds the quilt in place. You just slip the quilt into the hanger and "tug" on it a little to get it to stay. To remove the quilt, you just pull it to the side. And I really like that you can customize them to the quilt or your decor. I actually got my pair to hang a different wallquilt, and not my son's comforter. I did some decorative painting on them to go along with the "theme" of the quilt. I plan to buy a few more sets to hand some other wallquilts I have but could never figure out how to hang. I may get around to putting some in my son's room, but I'm limited on wallspace and would have to move a shelf that's attached to the wall.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01