PDA

View Full Version : Toddler bed FLAT sheets

Lucypiemom
04-23-2002, 03:04 PM
Hi there. We are expecting our second baby, and are moving our oldest into another room and toddler bed (I know, some people are against those, but we're going to try it ;)).

I know crib bedding fits toddler beds, and I have fitted sheets for the new bed, and I made a comforter cover from a twin sheet (my first real sewing project!), but I can't find flat sheets anywhere. I could buy another flat sheet and cut that up, but it would be nice to just buy them already made!

Thanks in advance.

suzska
04-23-2002, 06:20 PM
Lands' End makes a toddler flat sheet (that is actually "fitted" around the bottom so that it is easier to make the bed). I have never used them (yet), so I can't comment--other than almost all our other bedding is from Lands' End.

I'm not sure if anyone else makes one.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

momathome
04-23-2002, 07:11 PM
The One Step Ahead catalog and website sell toddler flat sheets - I use them on my daughter's toddler bed and they also have the elastic on one end to keep them tucked in on the toddler bed. They come in a rainbow of colors. Good luck!
-Lauren

egoldber
04-23-2002, 09:24 PM
In addition to what folks have already suggested, The Company Store sells them (check their website for great clearance stuff) as does Pottery Barn.

HTH,

Lucypiemom
04-24-2002, 08:48 AM
Thank you! I actually love Land's End sheets, but when I bought the ones for the bottom sheet I couldn't find flat sheets for cribs/ toddler beds. I will check again. Thanks for the leads!:)

egoldber
04-24-2002, 05:35 PM
Lydia, you're right. I checked my catalogs and couldn't find any flat sheets in the LE catalog or in Pottery Barn. I did see a couple patterns in The Company Store catalog that seemed liked they might have flat sheets (at least they didn't say fitted sheets only). You might try the website and see. Curious.

HTH,

Lucypiemom
04-25-2002, 10:01 AM
Well, I've had extensive discussions with the Land's End live rep online and there ARE todler bed flat sheets that are fitted at the bottom, they call them flat/fitted. BUT they do not come in WHITE! HELLO! I am doing all white in my dd's new room, so I need white!

I also found at company kids that they have toddler flat sheets, but also NOT in WHITE! Only solid colors. Oh well.

I think I am going to buy a regular sheet (twin) cut it in half and sew it across. Then I'll have two sheets to fit the toddler bed.

Napolimom
05-23-2002, 08:49 AM
I have the flate sheet with the "fitted" end from the Company Store and am happy with it...I just read another post about problems with the Company Stores sheets and a "10-lb" test which kind of bums me out. I still don't really understand it, something about the elastic.

What are the issues people have with toddler beds? Just curious.

laura_winckler
05-24-2002, 12:08 PM
I was concerned about putting a regular sized pillow in my son's new toddler bed. Between it and all of his animals that he HAS to sleep with, there'd be no room for the toddler! I'm thinking about getting the little pillow in the One Step Ahead catalog.

BTW, I'm totally irritated that LE and Company Store failed the GH test. I talked to the LE rep yesterday, and she didn't even know they had failed! I'm waiting for an email response.

BRU has toddler "bed in a bag" with flat/fitted sheets, but they feel nasty (IMO) and you have to buy the whole bag to get the sheets. You would therefore only have one set of sheets to go with the comforter. No set for the wash. bummer.