PDA

View Full Version : John Lennon Real Love collection

m2tandk
05-09-2002, 01:16 PM
Anybody have this bedding and what do you think of the quality?? Its supposed to be 100% cotton. How do is hold up? I absolutely LOVE this set and we have always been BIG John Lennon fans so when this bedding came out I was so happy! Of course we are registering for all the John Lennon stuff(playard, bouncer seat, etc.) Any comments??

Thanks,

Kelly

FloridaMomtoBe
06-15-2002, 01:23 PM
We just bought it recently - haven't washed it yet since baby's not due until Sept but it is indeed 100% cotton. The sheets have elastic all the way around too. From what I've seen, it seems like a good choice in terms of quality, especially for the price, and it's so adorable.

m2tandk
06-17-2002, 11:50 AM
thanks! i was beginning to think nobody had this set although its extremely popular around here where i live. i never see much in stock at our loca BRU! Thanks for responding!

kelly

jenjoseph
06-18-2002, 04:17 PM
I was soooo excited to find this line last month. We have gone crazy buying it up! I too bought the crib set, and couldn't wait till Baylor comes along in Sept. to open it up! I am very impressed with the quality, and the design. We only recently found out we're having a boy, and this was one of the only truly gender-neutral patterns I could find! Have you seen all of the wonderful accessories in this line? I've had great luck finding the stuff at BCF, BRU, and Value City. Also, did you know that WalMart has their own line of diapers (White Cloud, I believe) that has the John Lennon design on it?? Too cute!

m2tandk
06-20-2002, 09:53 AM
Really, diapers with the pattern?? Oh boy, looks like I will be hitting WalMart very soon to stock up! Thanks!!

Kelly

jojo2324
06-21-2002, 02:17 PM
I just bought the EMU crib set at TJ Maxx for cheap! Forty bucks! Anyway, since it is a Carter's collection, I am guessing that they are the same in quality. It seems fine; the sheets are a 200 thread count. The only thing is the bumper. It's thin, which may be a good or bad thing for some people. And it only has ties on the top, not the bottom, so I suppose there is the risk if the baby getting caught between the bumper and the crib rails. That is easily fixed though.

momathome
06-22-2002, 05:08 PM
While I think this bedding set is absolutely adorable, be weary of the Lennon baby gear such as the playyard, highchair, etc. The main manufacturer of the gear is Kolcraft, a brand I definitely would NOT recommend. I had a Kolcraft travel system and playyard for my first baby and both ended up being recalled. I think the quality of their products is only a small step above Cosco (another brand to avoid!). I purchased the travel system solely on looks - very cute Carter's fabrics. If I had it to do all over again, I would have purchased a Perego stroller, highchair, etc. from the start. From what I understand, though, the bedding set is of good quality for the price. Good luck!
-Lauren

m2tandk
06-24-2002, 12:14 PM
I totally agree with you on the gear. Except for the playard. I may just buy that as my bassinet/playard. I don't like the quality of the high chair or lightweight stroller at all. I plan on buying a Perego travel system and high chair too. Thanks!

kerriflan
07-10-2002, 10:17 AM
I have this bedding and other accessories for my 2 month dd and just love it. I even got the wallpaper borders, wall organizer, the rug, the mobile, stuffed animals, fleece blanket, sleepers... you name it. I received most of these as gifts. I also checked on ebay and they have a ton of stuff I couldn't find in the stores like drawer knobs, mirrors, clocks, picture frames, etc. (I didn't get these... yet!)

As far as the quality of the bedding, I have been very happy with it. I have a few sets of sheets and have washed each several times and they seem to be holding up very well. I do not have any of the gear- playard, bouncer seat- so I can't comment on that. But I do love all the other stuff!

Kerri

k2
07-11-2002, 06:38 PM
That's good to about perego! I've registered for the pliko travel system and prima pappa high chair (chesapeake), and noticed it's been bought from our registry (possibly for my upcoming shower). Thanks for your insight.